November 27, 2018
When you donate, we provide scholarships:
- Because of NIRSA Foundation donors’ dedication to professional development, to date, we have been able to support over 740 students and professionals to attend the NIRSA Annual Conference and Campus Rec & Wellness Expo and other NIRSA professional development events.
- In 2017, the NIRSA Foundation provided almost $32,000 of scholarships and stipends thanks to the generosity of donors.
2017 Region I Scholarship recipient
“Attending a NIRSA Annual Conference can change someone’s life by introducing the possibilities and resources available throughout this amazing organization. The NIRSA Foundation can help supply resources and opportunities to make this a reality.”
When you donate, we provide research:
- You rely on the research and peer-review literature supported by NIRSA Foundation donors. In 2016, there were more than 22,100 downloads of full-text articles from the Recreational Sports Journal–over 5,000 more downloads than in 2015!
- Since 2016, the NIRSA Foundation has awarded $57,000 in support of seven research projects in the field of campus rec. These projects have made indelible contributions to the field and, with them, the profession and professionals can build on the knowledge and research supported by donors.
- The Institutional Data Set continues to be the go-to resource for professionals needing benchmarking data. To date, nearly 400 institutions have contributed information on campus rec programs, services, and facilities. With the addition of the Salary Survey this fall, members’ access to benchmarking data continues to grow.
2016 NIRSA Research Grant recipient
“The NIRSA Research Grant Program has allowed us to further our research project in a timely manner, meaning we can get our research done and get the results to our partners more quickly! We so appreciate the support and look forward to continuing to work with NIRSA members to further our understanding of the club sport experience and helping programs implement the best programs they can!”
*Learn about Amy’s research when she presents it at the 2018 NIRSA Annual Conference and Campus Rec & Wellness Expo!
When you donate, we provide student officials’ development:
- This training program provides young officials crucial experience to meaningfully contribute to their communities – on and off the field. It’s a grassroots solution to the shortage of young officials at all levels of competition.
- In the 2016-2017 season, the NSC provided training for 637 student officials at 23 events.
- NIRSA Foundation donors supported training opportunities for 104 up-and-coming student officials during the 2016-2017 season at the National Basketball and Flag Football tournaments.
Student Officials Development Campaign Donor
“The NIRSA Championship Series is an event I hold near and dear to my heart. I see its effectiveness and impact on all involved, and the more I can give back to something that means so much to me and has provided me so much, I’m all in!”