This inaugural institute is the combining of two previously held institutes: the NIRSA Intramural Sports Institute and the NIRSA Collegiate Sport Club Institute.
NIRSA is excited for the opportunity to make these two signature events even stronger, including the ability to add more sessions that address middle management positions who oversee these areas. Some other new features include hosting the institute on a university campus, offering different types of accommodations, and a new schedule outline.
Who Should Attend
The NIRSA Intramural & Sport Club Institute delivers valuable information for a wide range of attendees, including:
- Experienced sport club or intramural professionals who lead, develop, or oversee sport clubs and/or intramurals on campuses and are interested in revitalizing their programs
- New sport club or intramural professionals who are interested in learning more about developing their programs
- Middle management professionals who develop or oversee sport clubs and/or intramural programs
- Student leaders who are members or leaders of sport clubs and/or interested in careers related to recreation sports
- Vendors who are looking to showcase their products and network with sport club professionals
- Parks and recreation professionals who organize sports leagues and are interested in enhancing their programs
Educational Content & Presentation Proposals
2020 Intramural & Sport Club Institute theme:
“Breaking the Mold: Building the Future of Sports Through Inclusivity”
This theme highlights the importance of inclusivity, collaboration, and innovation, especially as recreation professionals are tasked with balancing meaningful collaborations while embracing the future of our field.
The deadline to submit a presentation proposal for this event has passed. Presenters will be notified of their proposal status by early May 2020.
DoubleTree by Hilton
NIRSA event rate: $129/night + tax for single or double
Attendees can make reservations by using this reservation link or by calling (802) 865-6626 requesting the 2020 NIRSA Intramural & Sport Club Institute Room Block rate. Reservations need to be made no later than June 2020 to confirm the discounted group rate.
Roommate matching will become available with the opening of registration.
Sponsorship with Us!
The 2020 NIRSA Intramural & Sport Club Institute is a great way for sponsors to connect with intramural and sport club professionals working in collegiate recreation. If you have an interest in sponsoring this event, contact Heidi Hurley, Director of Corporate Relations and Business Development: email@example.com, 541-368-5851