Specific scheduling information will be provided closer to the event.
|5:00pm-6:30pm||Opening General Session||MLK Student Center Parlor B|
|6:30pm-9:00pm||Conference Meet and Greet|
|12:15pm-12:30pm||Conference Group Picture|
|12:30pm-1:45pm||Take a Student to Lunch|
|4:20pm-4:40pm||Day 2 Wrap Up||MLK Student Center Parlor B|
|7:00pm-11:00pm||Conference Social||Wolfie’s Grille|
|9:00am-10:00am||Mock Phone Interviews|
|12:20pm-1:20pm||Lunch & Closing Remarks|
Mock Interviews & Résumé Critiques
As with every skill you’ve ever learned, you have to learn a technique and then practice, practice, practice!
A mock interview will not only help you perfect your technique, but it will also allow you to get valuable feedback and coaching on your performance. Working with a professional and getting feedback on your performance in a mock interview is similar to working with a sports coach to learn how to improve your game — both will enable you to learn where your strengths lie and where you may need work to improve your performance.
Time spent practicing will assist you greatly in either situation. An added bonus to preparing and practicing is the self-confidence you will gain.
In today’s competitive job market, you must be prepared and in top shape.
Thursday, February 20 | 9:00am – 4:00pm
This roundtable discussion for professionals and emerging professionals from HBCU and non-HBCU programs is an opportunity to have a conversation about the opportunities, challenges, and issues that HBCUs face in collegiate recreation and the differences and similarities they have with other programs. Lunch is included.
HBCU Summit Initiatives:
- Enhance engagement of professionals and emerging professionals in collegiate recreation
- Surface opportunities, challenges, and issues that HBCU’s face in collegiate recreation
- Create awareness among non-HBCU professionals regarding the similarities and differences that HBCU programs have to other programs
- Provide additional opportunities for professional development
- Foster opportunities for graduate assistantships and develop pipelines for emerging professionals in the field
- Increase engagement within NIRSA through institutional and professional memberships that will provide resources to assist HBCU programs
Community Service Event
Thursday, February 20 | 8:30am-12:30pm
This community service project is a great way to start off the conference and give back to the local community. More info coming soon!