Building a Culture of Health and Wellbeing: Moving from Vision to Action
- 0.1 NIRSA CEUs
- Monday, March 5, 3:30pm-4:30pm
- Mile High Ballroom 1-2
- Pam Watts, CAE, NIRSA Headquarters; Alison Cross, Virginia Tech; Caroline Dotts, Georgia Institute of Technology; Marc Pope, Simon Fraser University; Ben Strunk, NC State University
- New Professional, Mid-Level (Manager), Executive
Building a culture of health and wellbeing within our campus communities has the potential to transform the student experience and address many of the acute challenges facing higher education today. But how do you take a vision and strategy for this integral, campus-wide topic and translate it to your campus recreation professional and student staff? Join us to hear from a panel of esteemed campus recreation leaders who have done just that: taken a health and wellbeing strategy and implemented it into every facet of their department. They will share successes and challenges, ideas and observations.
- Learn various implementation tactics for executing an integrated health and wellbeing strategy within your department.
- Learn how integrated health and wellbeing strategies impact student success.
- Learn potential ways to engage campus partners in an integrated health and wellbeing strategy.