Career Services Center – Candidates
The Career Services Center is a great place to look for internships, graduate assistantships and professional positions of all levels, and to network with potential employers. In addition, it’s also a great place to build your resume and hone soft skills that will make you a more valuable candidate for any campus rec job! No need to register separately for the CSC, all registered attendees of Conference can access the CSC for free!
- At bluefishjobs.com, look for job postings with the CSC logo. These postings indicate jobs that you can apply and interview for at the Annual Conference.
- Make sure you download the Guidebook app and check in – attendees who check in can send and receive messages with other attendees.
- Bring along interview-appropriate attire, business cards, copies of your resume, and a thumb drive with your resume and cover letter.
- Apply for jobs by leaving your resume and cover letter at the employer table. Volunteers will drop them in employer mailboxes, and employers will follow up with you directly, via the NIRSA 2018 Guidebook app (or text/email if you prefer) to schedule an interview.
- Check the bulletin board near the CSC entrance for the employer presentation schedule, career-building mini-session schedule, and for a quick reference of CSC jobs by school and by position.
- Drop your resume off at the Resume Review Table for feedback by one of our knowledgeable volunteers. They will contact you via Guidebook when they have finished revising. Check with the Resume Review team for in-person reviews as well.
- Hone your interviewing skills with our mock interview volunteers. Practice interviews do not require an appointment.
- Learn more about potential employers by attending half-hour employer presentations or by stopping by the job fair tables at any point during CSC hours. The schedule will be posted in Guidebook as well as on the bulletin board.
- Attend a half-hour session on career building soft skills, offered by our experts on Tuesday, March 6. The schedule will be posted in Guidebook as well as on the bulletin board.
Bring your mini-USB-drive to print your resume using our computers, or search Bluefishjobs.com for CSC positions.