Gender-Inclusive Practices–including NIRSA’s Transgender Athlete Participation Guidelines–within Campus Recreation
- 0.1 NIRSA CEUs
- February 24: 8:30am – 9:30am
- Woodrow Wilson B-D
- Kim Rottet, CENTERS, LLC At Cleveland State University
- Undergraduate Student, Graduate Student, New Professional, Mid-Level (Manager), Executive
NIRSA and its membership are committed to creating safe and inclusive spaces for all of the people served by campus recreation programs and facilities. This session will explore gender inclusion and how to apply best practices when working with participants from a variety of gender identities. A panel of NIRSA members will share strategies they’ve utilized on their campuses, and there will be an opportunity for participants to share strategies and challenges they’ve experienced on their own campuses. This presentation is sponsored by the NIRSA Commission for Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion.
- Learn about terminology and best practices around gender identity and inclusion.
- Learn about strategies for practicing gender inclusion with varying institutional support and resources.
- Learn methods for serving and providing resources to the transgender student population at your institution.