NIRSA members have free access to the most current version of The Collegiate Recreation Programs: CAS Standards and Guidelines as well as The CAS Contextual Statement. The standards for collegiate recreation facilitate the following:
- Provides a metric for assessing the quality of recreational programs
- Provides guidance in planning or revising aspects of recreational programs
- Assists in advocacy efforts to obtain additional resources
- Assists in staff training and professional preparation of recreation program specialists
- Informs campus colleagues, administrators, and constituents about the role of recreation programs
The complete CAS Professional Standards for Higher Education, 9th ed. (2015), can be purchased on the CAS website. For more information, please contact NIRSA research coordinator, Ruben Guzman.