|Position||First Name||Last Name||Designation||Company||Email|
|Chair||Steve||Drasdis||University of Connecticutfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Member||Matthew||Beck||Oklahoma State Universityemail@example.com|
|Member||Zac||Brost||University of Nebraskafirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Member||Lauren||Brown||University of Colorado Denveremail@example.com|
|Member||Mark||Comer||University of Baltimorefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Member||Matthew||Dunigan||University of California-Riversideemail@example.com|
|Member||Anthony||Goldston||University of Delawarefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Member||Stephanie||Hoffman||University of North Dakotaemail@example.com|
|Member||Anthony||Kreitzer||Texas A & M University- Kingsvillefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Member||Shane||Land||University of Central Floridaemail@example.com|
|Member||Gregory||Reinhardt||University of Utahfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Member||Daniel||Renfro||University of South Floridaemail@example.com|
|Member||Abigail||Whaley||The Ohio State Universityfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Member||Kathy||Obuszewski||Case Western Reserve Universityemail@example.com|
|NIRSA Headquarters Member||Megan||Granholm||NIRSA HQfirstname.lastname@example.org|
2018-2019 NIRSA Headquarters Appointed Committee Charges
William N. Wasson Student Leadership & Academic Awards Committee
Description: The William N. Wasson Student Leadership & Academic Awards Committee works with NIRSA Headquarters to administer and promote the William N. Wasson Student Leadership & Academic Awards program. These prestigious NIRSA awards recognize the contributions and achievements of our student leaders. The awards committee encourages professional Members to nominate their department’s best student leaders. The committee reviews all nominations and selects each year’s winners.
NIRSA’s mission, vision, and strategic values guide the “how” and “why” for our professional development offerings, networking opportunities, and resources, as well as all strategic priorities. NIRSA committees are expected to fulfill their charges, operate the committee, and make decisions and recommendations consistent with NIRSA’s values and in support of NIRSA’s mission, vision, and strategic priorities.
- In cooperation with your NIRSA HQ staff, maintain a “manual” that serves as a guide for future William N Wasson Student Leadership & Academic Award Committees, on the processes and timeline for the recruitment, selection, notifications to recipients and nominators, as well as other standard communication of the Wasson Award Committee.
- Advertise the availability of the nominations/awards via multiple communication channels prior to the nomination deadline.
- Review and modify the application form as needed.
- Follow designated protocol for communication of the award to the recipients as well as the nominators of those that were not selected.
- Finalize text for the engraving on the award items.
Additional charges may be presented to the committee, or by the committee, during the year as new initiatives arise.
Professional Involvement Credit Value (PIC): 0.3 (chair); 0.1 (member)