|Position||First Name||Last Name||Designation||Company||Email
|Chair||William||Boucher||The University of Alabamafirstname.lastname@example.org
|Consultant||Jean||McClellan-Holt||Old Dominion Universityemail@example.com
|Member||Justin||Anderson||University of Virginiafirstname.lastname@example.org
|Member||Adrienne||Ansel||Bowling Green State Universityemail@example.com
|Member||Ryan||Fetzer||San Francisco State Universityfirstname.lastname@example.org
|Member||Leigh||Fouts||Armstrong State Universityemail@example.com
|Member||Jarrell||Garcia||University of California-Santa Barbarafirstname.lastname@example.org
|Member||Demitri||Lahanas||Virginia Commonwealth Universityemail@example.com
|Member||Nicole||Swank||Florida Atlantic Universityfirstname.lastname@example.org
|Member||Mike||Dominguez||University of California-Davisemail@example.com
|Member||Anthony||Kreitzer||Texas A & M University- Kingsvillefirstname.lastname@example.org
|NIRSA Headquarters Member||Kristen||Gleason||NIRSA HQemail@example.com
2018-2019 NIRSA Board Appointed Committee Charges
Description: The Student Professional Development Committee works to connect NIRSA student members to the professional resources they need to succeed. This committee’s primary function is to coordinate and conduct the annual J. Michael Dunn Student Professional Development Pre-Conference workshop.
NIRSA’s mission, vision, and strategic values guide the “how” and “why” for our professional development offerings, networking opportunities, and resources, as well as all strategic priorities. NIRSA committees are expected to fulfill their charges, operate the committee, and make decisions and recommendations consistent with NIRSA’s values and in support of NIRSA’s mission, vision, and strategic priorities.
- In consultation with the NIRSA Professional development staff, design a student professional development (SPD) pre-conference workshop for the 2019 NIRSA Conference. This work will include:
- Reviewing the session evaluations from the 2018 SPD pre-conference workshop, consider modifications to improve as needed.
- Identify topics, speakers and an overall schedule for the preconference workshop
- Provide recommendations to the NIRSA Professional Development Department as a budget is developed for this event.
- Communicate with the Student Leadership Team to invite them to present a session or be involved in some aspect.
- When requested by regional or state workshop hosts or program committee members, suggest and recommend presenters, speakers, and topics for the Regional Student Lead on and NIRSA Annual Pre-Conference workshop, and general Conference
- Collaborate with the CSC Committee to assist with career enrichment initiatives for students at national, regional, and state events.
Committee Chair Responsibilities:
The chair of the committee is to-
- Orchestrate the work of this committee. This includes creating any necessary subcommittees and delegating work.
- Ensure that a program proposal for the workshop is submitted as a preconference submission during the call for proposal process (Spring 2018). This proposal should include a basic program description (finalized description will be due closer to the event date)
- Submit a final program description, including a summary of anticipated content and learning objectives is due to NIRSA consultant by September 1, 2018.
- Conduct debrief meeting/solicit feedback via email or survey from the committee
- Write and submit a debrief report 60 days post-event. Your consultant will provide a template for this report.
Additional charges may be presented to the committee, or by the committee, during the year as new initiatives arise.
Professional Involvement Credit Value (PIC): Please consult the PIC Value Chart for PIC value