|Position||First Name||Last Name||Designation||Company||Email
|Chair||Jean||Holt||Old Dominion University||
|Consultant||Kosti||Efstathiou||Sonoma State University||
|Member||Parker||Anderson||San Diego State University||
|Member||Abe||Cross||Lindsey Wilson College||
|Member||Jeff||Heiser||University of California-Davis||
|Member||Andrew||Rampe||University of North Carolina Wilmington||
|Member||Dustin||Van Sloten||Western Illinois University||
|NIRSA Headquarters Member||Kristen||Gleason||NIRSA HQ||
2017-2018 NIRSA Board Appointed Committee Charges
Student Professional Development Committee
Description: The Student Professional Development Committee works to connect NIRSA student members to the professional resources they need to succeed. This committee’s primary function is to coordinate and conduct the annual J. Michael Dunn Student Professional Development pre-Conference workshop.
Strategic Goal & Objective(s):
Goal III, Objective 1: Increase participation in training and professional development programs.
Goal III, Objective 3: Analyze, adjust and/or expand educational offerings to meet the professional development needs of collegiate recreation professionals at all levels.
The committee is expected to work across the Association to complete these charges. Many committees may have some overlap with other committees and are encouraged to reach out to other groups to connect the work. Additional charges may be presented to the committee, or by the committee, during the year as new initiatives arise.
- In consultation with your NIRSA HQ consultant, design a student professional development (SPD) pre-conference workshop for the 2018 NIRSA Conference. This work will include:
- Reviewing the session evaluations from the 2017 SPD pre-conference workshop, consider modifications to improve as needed.
- Identify topics, speakers and an overall schedule for the preconference workshop
- Provide recommendations to the NIRSA HQ consultant as a budget is developed for this event.
- Communicate with the Student Leadership Team to invite them to present a session or be involved in some aspect.
- When requested by regional or state workshop hosts or program committee members, suggest and recommend presenters, speakers, and topics for the Regional Student Lead On and NIRSA Annual Pre-Conference workshop, and general Conference
- Assist the Conference Program Committee by evaluating submitted presentation proposals related to student professional development, if requested.
- Collaborate with the COC Committee to assist with career enrichment initiatives for students at national, regional, and state levels.
Committee Chair Responsibilities:
The chair of the committee is to:
- Orchestrate the work of this committee. This includes creating any necessary subcommittees and delegating work.
- Ensure that a program proposal for the workshop is submitted as a preconference submission during the call for proposal process (Spring 2017). This proposal should include a basic program description (finalized description will be due closer to the event date)
- Submit a final program description, including a summary of anticipated content and learning objectives is due to NIRSA consultant by September 1, 2017.
- Conduct debrief meeting/solicit feedback via email or survey from the committee
- Write and submit a debrief report 60 days post-event. Your consultant will provide a template for this report.