|Position||First Name||Last Name||Designation||Company||Email
|Chair||Austin||Anderson||University of Southern Indianafirstname.lastname@example.org
|Consultant||Jessica||Kiss||Bowling Green State Universityemail@example.com
|Member||Adrienne||Ansel||Bowling Green State Universityfirstname.lastname@example.org
|Member||Sandi||Carlisle||Northern Illinois Universityemail@example.com
|Member||Derek||Hottell||Virginia Commonwealth Universityfirstname.lastname@example.org
|Member||Karina||Knutson||University of North Dakotaemail@example.com
|Member||Megan||Krone||CENTERS, LLC At DePaul Universityfirstname.lastname@example.org
|Member||Kerri||Vasold||Michigan State Universityemail@example.com
|Member||Jason||Vlastaras||Iowa State Universityfirstname.lastname@example.org
|Member||Richelle||Williams||Western Washington Universityemail@example.com
|NIRSA Headquarters Member||Ruben||Guzman||NIRSA HQfirstname.lastname@example.org
The NIRSA Research and Assessment Committee was established to foster a culture of research within the collegiate recreation profession. In 2011, the NIRSA Board of Directors (BOD) adopted a research agenda to guide the Association’s research endeavors. As an organization that is responsive to the needs and the success of the Association, the BOD in collaboration with the committee, may reprioritize NIRSA’s research agenda.
NIRSA’s mission, vision, and strategic values guide the “how” and “why” for our professional development offerings, networking opportunities, and resources, as well as all strategic priorities. NIRSA committees are expected to fulfill their charges, operate the committee, and make decisions and recommendations consistent with NIRSA’s values and in support of NIRSA’s mission, vision, and strategic priorities.
The Research & Assessment Committee is composed of up to ten, NIRSA President appointed members. Each member serves two- to three-year terms, must hold professional or graduate assistant positions and must have memberships in good standing. The composition should be as follows:
- One Consultant (Previous year’s chair)
- One Chair (2nd-yr member)
- Two 3rd-yr members
- Two 2nd-yr members
- Two 1st-yr members
- One member in a graduate assistant position and can commit to two years
- Review and approve requests from members to conduct research using NIRSA’s name and/or database, following guidelines established in 2007.
- Consult the NIRSA BOD regarding proposed projects and inform the BOD decision-making process.
- Review research grant proposals and make funding recommendations to the Executive Director.
- Subcommittees may include:
- Advisement subcommittee to assist other NIRSA members and/or leadership groups in their projects.
- Space Planning Guidelines/IDS subcommittee to review space planning standards and recommendations to inform the appropriate revisions to NIRSA’s IDS
- For the NIRSA Annual Conference:
- Review and select the Research and Assessment award recipients.
- Host a roundtable for R&A Committee.
- Support the Council for the Advancement of Standards in Higher Education as needed and participate in collaborative opportunities.
- Support the Recreational Sports Journal as needed and participate in collaborative opportunities.
- Support the delivery, analysis and dissemination of the NIRSA Facility Construction and Renovation benchmarking survey.
- Utilize and keep active the discussion forum and resource library within the Research & Assessment Community of Practice on the NIRSA website as a means of sharing information, resources, and updates to help members stay on top of assessment items; encourage members to share resources from their own campuses and experiences.
Additional charges may be presented to the committee, or by the committee, during the year as new initiatives arise.
Professional Involvement Credit Value (PIC): 0.3 (chair); 0.1 (member)