|Position||First Name||Last Name||Designation||Company||Email
|Chair||Silvia||Chan||University of Connecticut||
|Consultant||Stephanne||Musser||The Ohio State University||
|Member||Matthew||Hackett||Northern Kentucky University||
|Member||Bryan||Haunert||Loyola University Maryland||
|Member||David||Lochbaum||Northern Illinois University||
|Member||E.J.||Patterson||The University of Texas at Austin||
|Member||Shauna||Sleight||Western Carolina University||
|Member||Mike||Weaver||CENTERS, LLC At Cleveland State University||
|NIRSA Headquarters Member||Emily||Hughes||NIRSA HQ||
|2017-2018 NIRSA Headquarters Appointed Committee Charges
Outstanding Sports Facility Awards Committee
Description: The Outstanding Sports Facilities Committee works with NIRSA Headquarters to administer and promote the Outstanding Sports Facilities Awards program. Presented each year at the Annual Conference, these awards recognize innovation and achievement in the designs of new, renovated, or expanded collegiate recreational facilities of NIRSA Member institutions. This committee encourages applications for the award, reviews all submissions, and selects the winners.
Strategic Goal & Objective(s)
Goal I, Objective 1: Increase opportunities for communication and networking among members.
Goal I, Objective 3: Increase leadership development offerings that will enhance career advancement.
The committee is expected to work across the Association to complete these charges. Many committees may have some overlap with other committees and are encouraged to reach out to other groups to connect the work. Additional charges may be presented to the committee, or by the committee, during the year as new initiatives arise.
- In cooperation with your NIRSA HQ Committee member, maintain a “Manual” that serves as a guide for future Outstanding Sports Facilities Committees, on the processes and timeline for the recruitment, selection, notifications to recipients and non-winning applicants, as well as other standard communication of the Outstanding Sports Facilities Committee.
- Review and modify the application form and process as needed.
- Advertise the availability of the nominations/awards via multiple communication channels prior to the application deadline of November 1, 2017
- Schedule committee conference calls to discuss and select Outstanding Sports Facilities recipients.
- Follow designated protocol for communication of the award to the recipients as well as the nominators of those that were not selected.
- In coordination with your NIRSA HQ committee member, finalize text for the engraving on the award items.