|Position||First Name||Last Name||Designation||Company||Email
|Chair||Ken||Morton||Stephen F Austin Universityemail@example.com
|BOD Rep||Leah||Dorothy Hall||Oregon State Universityfirstname.lastname@example.org
|NIRSA Student Leader||Corbin||Ross||University of Nebraska-Lincolnemail@example.com
|Past Presidents' Rep (2017-2019)||Mick||Deluca||UCLAfirstname.lastname@example.org
|Member 2016-2018||Michael||Collins||Florida State Universityemail@example.com
|Member 2017-2018||Marti||Tomlin||University of Richmondfirstname.lastname@example.org
|Member 2016-2018||Sarah||Hardin||DePaul University (CENTERS, LLC)||email@example.com
|Member||Dave||Deangelo||The Ohio State Universityfirstname.lastname@example.org
|Member 2016-2018||Laurie||Braden||Louisiana State Universityemail@example.com
|Member||Randall||Ford||University of Texas - Austinfirstname.lastname@example.org
|Member 2016-2018||John||Howard||Colorado School of Minesemail@example.com
|Member 2016-2018||Troy||Snow||Oregon State Universityfirstname.lastname@example.org
|NIRSA Headquarters Member||Mary||Callendar||NIRSA Headquartersemail@example.com
2017-2018 NIRSA Board Appointed Committee Charges
Nominations & Appointments Committee:
Description: The Nominations and Appointments Committee shall be a standing committee of the voting member). The Chair of the Committee may seek information on specific appointments from Association comprised of two members of the Board of Directors (one serving as Chair), two voting members from each region, the NIRSA Student Leader and a Past President Representative (non- additional professional and student members, who will not be members of the Committee.
The Committee shall conduct the recruitment and evaluation of Board candidates for the purpose of presenting a slate of qualified candidates to the NIRSA Board and then NIRSA Member approval. Certify the slate of candidates for the Member Network as recommended by regional committees. Support the Board of Directors in the appointments of members to the NIRSA Assembly. The committee may also be asked to assist with appointments to other committees, work teams, and volunteer groups in NIRSA.
Strategic Goal & Objective(s)
Goal I, Objective 3: Increase leadership development offerings that will enhance career advancement.
Goal IV, Objective 7: Ensure the governance and operating structure of NIRSA, the NIRSA Foundation, and the NIRSA Services Corporation are strong to support continued growth and expansion.
Standing Charges: (from N&A Manual)
- Recruit and propose a slate of candidates for the following elected positions:
- NIRSA Board of Directors (BOD):
- President Elect
- At-Large Director
- Certify the NIRSA Member Network slate of candidates for the following positions:
- Regional Representatives (rotation as dictated by association policy)
- NIRSA Student Leader
- For Members and Candidates, communicate a clear definition of ‘standing’ for office as distinct from ‘running’ for office.
- Communicate expectations for Members and Candidates for information sharing during the election process, including what information is shared, how information is shared, and how to handle requests for additional information work.
- Verify the electronic elections results by appointing a Tellers Committee (2 people from the N&A committee).
- Assist in making appointments to the following NIRSA Assembly positions:
- NIRSA Members
- NIRSA Professional Members (less than 5 years)
- The committee may be asked to also assist with appointments to NIRSA committees and work teams, and special boards, groups and NIRSA representatives to other organizations.
- Additional charges may be presented to the committee, or by the committee, during the year as new initiatives arise.