|Position||First Name||Last Name||Designation||Company||Email
|Chair||Leah||Hall Dorothy||Oregon State Universityemail@example.com
|BOD Rep||David||Davenport||Austin Peay State Universityfirstname.lastname@example.org
|NIRSA Student Leader||Caroline||Ciell||University of Mississippiemail@example.com
|Past Pres' Rep (2018-2020)||Kathleen||Hatch||Retiredfirstname.lastname@example.org
|Member 2018-2020||Scott||Haines||SUNY College at Brockportemail@example.com
|Member 2017-2019||Kevin||George||Rowan Universityfirstname.lastname@example.org
|Member 2018-2020||America||Minc||Georgia Southern Universityemail@example.com
|Member 2017-2019||Marti||Tomlin||University of Richmondfirstname.lastname@example.org
|Member 2017-2019||Dave||Deangelo||The Ohio State Universityemail@example.com
|Member 2018-2020||Laura||Munroe||UT-San Antoniofirstname.lastname@example.org
|Member 2017-2019||Randall||Ford||University of Texas - Austinemail@example.com
|Member 2018-2020||Andy||Milton||St. Ambrose Universityfirstname.lastname@example.org
|Member 2017-2019||Cody||Mikl||University of Minnesotaemail@example.com
|Member 2018-2020||Jenny||Welnick||Portland State Universityfirstname.lastname@example.org
|Member 2017-2019||Kevin||Martin||UC Riversideemail@example.com
|Member 2018-2020||Dave||Trudelle||University of Guelphfirstname.lastname@example.org
|NHQ staff member||Mary||Callender||NIRSA Headquartersemail@example.com
2018-2019 NIRSA Board Appointed Committee Charges
Nominations & Appointments Committee:
Description: The Nominations and Appointments Committee shall be a standing committee of the voting member). The Chair of the Committee may seek information on specific appointments from Association comprised of two members of the Board of Directors (one serving as Chair), two voting members from each region, the NIRSA Student Leader and a Past President Representative (non- additional professional and student members, who will not be members of the Committee.
The Committee shall conduct the recruitment and evaluation of Board candidates for the purpose of presenting a slate of qualified candidates to the NIRSA Board and then to NIRSA Members for approval. Certify the slate of candidates for the Member Network as recommended by regional committees. Support the Board of Directors in the appointments of members to the NIRSA Assembly. The committee may also be asked to assist with appointments to other committees, work teams, and volunteer groups in NIRSA.
NIRSA’s mission, vision, and strategic values guide the “how” and “why” for our professional development offerings, networking opportunities, and resources, as well as all strategic priorities. NIRSA committees are expected to fulfill their charges, operate the committee, and make decisions and recommendations consistent with NIRSA’s values and in support of NIRSA’s mission, vision, and strategic priorities.
Standing Charges: (from N&A Manual)
- Recruit and propose a slate of candidates for the following elected positions:
- NIRSA Board of Directors (BOD):
- President Elect
- At-Large Director
- Certify the NIRSA Member Network slate of candidates for the following positions:
- Regional Representatives (rotation as dictated by association policy)
- NIRSA Student Leader
- For Members and Candidates, communicate a clear definition of ‘standing’ for office as distinct from ‘running’ for office.
- Communicate expectations for Members and Candidates for information sharing during the election process, including what information is shared, how information is shared, and how to handle requests for additional information work.
- Verify the electronic elections results by appointing a Tellers Committee (2 people from the N&A committee).
- Assist in making appointments to the following NIRSA Assembly positions:
- NIRSA Members
- NIRSA Professional Members (less than 5 years)
- The committee may be asked to also assist with appointments to NIRSA committees and work teams, and special boards, groups and NIRSA representatives to other organizations.
Additional charges may be presented to the committee, or by the committee, during the year as new initiatives arise.
Professional Involvement Credit Value (PIC): 0.3 (chair); 0.1 (member)