|Position||First Name||Last Name||Designation||Company||Email|
|Chair||Sammy||Axley||University At Albanyemail@example.com|
|Member||Ben||Dao||University of California-Davisfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Member||Steve||Erickson||Montana State Universityemail@example.com|
|Member||Lisa||Hedlund||University of Central Floridafirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Member||Jeff||Huskey||University of California-Santa Barbaraemail@example.com|
|Member||Karina||Knutson||University of North Dakotafirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Member||Daniel||Lawrence||Utah State University||Daniel.Lawrence@usu.edu|
|Member||Katy||Locke||The University of Tennesseeemail@example.com|
|Member||Stephanie||Nielsen||Texas A & M University- Commerce||Stephanie.Nielsen@tamuc.edu|
|Member||Lisa||Williamson||University of Georgiafirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Member||Alexander||Jimenez||The Ohio State Universityemail@example.com|
|NIRSA Headquarters Member||Kelley||Hungerford||NIRSA Headquartersfirstname.lastname@example.org|
2017-2018 NIRSA Foundation Scholarship Committee Charges
Description: The Scholarship Committee is responsible for reviewing applications and awarding scholarships annually to student and professional members. To ensure the success of the scholarship process, this committee will review the process annually and make recommendations to the NIRSA Foundation Board of Directors.
- Committee Structure: The 13-person committee (including the chair) shall be made up of at least 25% past scholarship recipients. Selection to this committee will allow the opportunity for the NIRSA Foundation Board to engage donors or potential donors in high-level NIRSA Foundation work. The Board Liaison shall share names of individuals to the NIRSA Foundation Board President for selection upon reviewing the NIRSA committee preference submittals.
- Time Commitment: Committee members will spend a significant amount of time immediately following the deadline to review applications in a two-tiered review process. Additional time is spent for scholarship introduction training, review processing and post-scholarship award for debriefing.
- Review scholarship and application processes and rating systems (summer).
- Coordinate with NIRSA HQ to set up online application and web content on scholarship availability.
- Review submitted scholarship applications (fall).
- Make recommendation for scholarship recipients (fall).
- Review process and develop a scholarship manual to include stipend procedures as well. Make recommendations for improvements (spring).