|Position||First Name||Last Name||Designation||Company||Email
|Chair||Stephanie||McAlpine||The University of Texas at Arlington||
|Consultant||Laura||Munroe||The University of Texas at San Antonio||
|Member||Jasmine||Chatten||Central Michigan University||
|Member||Linda||Clauss||Cal State Univ-East Bay||
|Member||Mark||Comer||University of Baltimore||
|Member||Steve||Erickson||Montana State University||
|Member||Ashford||Evans-Brown||Prairie View A&M State University||
|Member||Jean||Holt||Old Dominion University||
|Member||Anette||Livas||University of Texas Rio Grande Valley||
|NIRSA Headquarters Member||Lani||Beavers||NIRSA HQ||
2016-2017 NIRSA Board Appointed Committee Charges
NIRSA Service Awards Committee
Description: Review applications, selection criteria, and evaluation process to award NIRSA professionals and students for their exceptional service to NIRSA in the previous year; work with the NIRSA HQ to promote nominations; review applications and select winners; notify NIRSA HQ Committee member of list of winners and supporting text to go on award.
Strategic Goal & Objective(s)
Goal I, Objective 1: Increase opportunities for communication and networking among members.
Goal I, Objective 3: Increase leadership development offerings that will enhance career advancement.
The committee is expected to work across the Association to complete these charges. Many committees may have some overlap with other committees and are encouraged to reach out to other groups to connect the work. Additional charges may be presented to the committee, or by the committee, during the year as new initiatives arise.
- In cooperation with the NIRSA HQ Committee member, maintain an operations manual that serves as a guide for future NAS Committees on the processes and timeline for recruitment, selection, notifications to recipients and nominators, as well as, other standard communication of the NIRSA Annual Service Awards Committee.
- Review and modify the application form, including category types, and process as needed.
- Advertise the availability of the nominations/awards via multiple communication channels prior to the application deadline of November 1, 2017.
- Schedule committee conference calls to discuss and select Service Award recipients.
- Follow designated protocol for communication of the award to the recipients as well as the nominators of those that were not selected.
- In coordination with your NIRSA HQ Committee Member, finalize text for the engraving on the award items.