NIRSA Board Appointed Committee Charges
Description: Review applications, selection criteria, and evaluation process to award NIRSA professionals and students for their exceptional service to NIRSA in the previous year; work with the NIRSA HQ to promote nominations; review applications and select winners; notify NIRSA HQ Committee member of list of winners and supporting text to go on award.
NIRSA’s mission, vision, and strategic values guide the “how” and “why” for our professional development offerings, networking opportunities, and resources, as well as all strategic priorities. NIRSA committees are expected to fulfill their charges, operate the committee, and make decisions and recommendations consistent with NIRSA’s values and in support of NIRSA’s mission, vision, and strategic priorities.
- In cooperation with the NIRSA HQ Staff member, maintain an operations manual that serves as a guide for future NIRSA Annual Service Award Committees on the processes and timeline for recruitment, selection, notifications to recipients and nominators, as well as, other standard communication of the NIRSA Annual Service Awards Committee.
- Review and modify the application form, including category types, and process as needed.
- Advertise the availability of the nominations/awards via multiple communication channels prior to the application deadline of November 15.
- Schedule committee conference calls to discuss and select Service Award recipients.
- Follow designated protocol for communication of the award to the recipients as well as the nominators of those that were not selected.
- In coordination with your NIRSA HQ Committee Member, finalize text for the engraving on the award items.
Additional charges may be presented to the committee, or by the committee, during the year as new initiatives arise.
Professional Involvement Credit Value (PIC):
|Position||First Name||Last Name||Designation||Company||Email|
|Chair||Jean||McClellan-Holt||Old Dominion Universityemail@example.com|
|Consultant||Stephanie||McAlpine||The University of Texas at Arlingtonfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Member||Lauren||Brown||University of Colorado Denveremail@example.com|
|Member||Mark||Comer||University of Baltimorefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Member||Ashford||Evans-Brown||Prairie View A & M Universityemail@example.com|
|Member||Megan||Flanagan||Utah State Universityfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Member||Veronica||Chevalier||Texas A&M University - Commerceemail@example.com|
|Member||Stan||Shingles||Central Michigan Universityfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|NIRSA Headquarters Member||Lani||Beavers||NIRSA HQemail@example.com|