|Position||First Name||Last Name||Designation||Company||Email|
|Chair Elect||Vicki||Highstreet||University of Nebraskaemail@example.com|
|Member||Gary||Cahen||University of Central Floridafirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Member||Jeff||Huskey||University of California-Santa Barbaraemail@example.com|
|NIRSA Headquarters Member||Lani||Beavers||NIRSA HQfirstname.lastname@example.org|
2017-2018 NIRSA Board Appointed Committee Charges
Honor Award Committee
Description: The Honor Award Committee works with NIRSA Headquarters to award one NIRSA professional for exemplary contributions to NIRSA. This committee encourages nominations for the award, reviews those submitted and selects an honoree.
Strategic Goal & Objective(s)
Goal I, Objective 1: Increase opportunities for communication and networking among members.
Goal I, Objective 3: Increase leadership development offerings that will enhance career advancement.
The committee is expected to work across the Association to complete these charges. Many committees may have some overlap with other committees and are encouraged to reach out to other groups to connect the work. Additional charges may be presented to the committee, or by the committee, during the year as new initiatives arise.
- In cooperation with your NIRSA HQ Committee member, maintain a “Manual” that serves as a guide for this and future Honor Award Committees, on the processes and timeline for the recruitment, selection, communication and presentation of the Honor Award.
- Utilize NIRSA Leadership groups to advertise award deadlines, i.e. representative groups from each region, and State Directors, etc.
- Continue to review and modify the nomination requirements/process as needed.
- Schedule committee conference calls to discuss and select Honor Award recipient.
- Committee chair informs the recipient that they were chosen and writes the NIRSA KNOW article announcing recipient.
- NIRSA HQ Committee member assists recipient in communicating with a presenter of their choice.