|Position||First Name||Last Name||Designation||Company||Email
|Chair||Stephanne||Musser||The Ohio State University||
|Member||Karina||Knutson||University of North Dakota||
|Member||Connie||Kottmann||Virginia Commonwealth University||
|Member||Jason||Krone||University of Kansas||
|Member||Matthew||Schmiedl||CENTERS, LLC At Cleveland State University||
|NIRSA Headquarters Member||Megan||Granholm||NIRSA HQ||
2017-2018 NIRSA Headquarters Appointed Committee Charges
Creative Excellence Award Committee
Description: The Creative Excellence Awards Committee works with NIRSA Headquarters to administer and promote the Creative Excellence Awards program. Presented each year at the Annual Conference, these awards are designed to recognize the innovation and creativity of NIRSA Members and acknowledge their outstanding accomplishments in marketing recreational sports, fitness, facilities, and programs. This committee solicits entries, reviews all submissions, and selects each years’ winners.
Strategic Goal & Objective(s)
Goal I, Objective 1: Increase opportunities for communication and networking among members.
Goal I, Objective 3: Increase leadership development offerings that will enhance career advancement.
The committee is expected to work across the Association to complete these charges. Many committees may have some overlap with other committees and are encouraged to reach out to other groups to connect the work. Additional charges may be presented to the committee, or by the committee, during the year as new initiatives arise.
- In cooperation with your NIRSA HQ Committee Member, maintain a “Manual” that serves as a guide for future Creative Excellence Awards Committees, on the processes and timeline for the recruitment, selection, notifications to recipients and non-winning applicants, as well as, other standard communication of the Creative Excellence Awards Committee.
- Review and modify the application form, including category types, and process as needed.
- Advertise the availability of the nominations/awards via multiple communication channels prior to the application deadline of November 1, 2017.
- Schedule committee conference calls to discuss and select Creative Excellence Award recipients.
- Follow designated protocol for communication of the award to the recipients as well as the nominators of those that were not selected.
- In coordination with your NIRSA HQ Committee Member, finalize text for the engraving on the award items.