|Position||First Name||Last Name||Designation||Company||Email
|Chair||Laura||Munroe||The University of Texas at San Antonioemail@example.com
|Consultant||Stephanne||Musser||The Ohio State Universityfirstname.lastname@example.org
|Member||Cindy||Cowden||SUNY at Binghamtonemail@example.com
|Member||Megan||Flanagan||Utah State Universityfirstname.lastname@example.org
|Member||Brittany||Heiring||Colorado State University-Fort Collinsemail@example.com
|Member||Jennifer||Kuzmic||The Ohio State Universityfirstname.lastname@example.org
|Member||Rob||Patchett||Colorado State University-Fort Collins||Rob.Patchett@colostate.edu
|NIRSA Headquarters Member||Megan||Granholm||NIRSA HQemail@example.com
2018-2019 NIRSA Headquarters Appointed Committee Charges
Creative Excellence Award Committee
Description: The Creative Excellence Awards Committee works with NIRSA Headquarters to administer and promote the Creative Excellence Awards program. Presented each year at the Annual Conference, these awards are designed to recognize the innovation and creativity of NIRSA Members and acknowledge their outstanding accomplishments in marketing recreational sports, fitness, facilities, and programs. This committee solicits entries, reviews all submissions, and selects each years’ winners.
NIRSA’s mission, vision, and strategic values guide the “how” and “why” for our professional development offerings, networking opportunities, and resources, as well as all strategic priorities. NIRSA committees are expected to fulfill their charges, operate the committee, and make decisions and recommendations consistent with NIRSA’s values and in support of NIRSA’s mission, vision, and strategic priorities.
- In cooperation with your NIRSA HQ staff, maintain a “manual” that serves as a guide for future Creative Excellence Awards Committees, on the processes and timeline for the recruitment, selection, notifications to recipients and non-winning applicants, as well as other standard communication of the Creative Excellence Awards Committee.
- Review and modify the application form, including category types, and process as needed.
- Advertise the availability of the nominations/awards via multiple communication channels prior to the application deadline.
- Follow designated protocol for communication of the award to the recipients as well as the nominators of those that were not selected.
- Finalize text for the engraving on the award items.
Additional charges may be presented to the committee, or by the committee, during the year as new initiatives arise.
Professional Involvement Credit Value (PIC): 0.3 (chair); 0.1 (member)