|Position||First Name||Last Name||Designation||Company||Email|
|Chair||Kathryn||Thies||Loyola University Chicagoemail@example.com|
|Member||Parker||Anderson||San Diego State Universityfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Member||Matthew||Collum||Western Illinois Universityemail@example.com|
|Member||Priscilla||Gaona||Georgia Institute of Technologyfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Member||Dustin||Jackson||University of Georgiaemail@example.com|
|Member||Jon||Randle||University of Kansasfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Member||Emmy||Richards||Utah State Universityemail@example.com|
|Member||Kurt||Schooley||The Ohio State Universityfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Member||Lisa||Williamson||University of Georgiaemail@example.com|
|NIRSA Headquarters Member||Megan||Granholm||NIRSA HQfirstname.lastname@example.org|
2018-2019 NIRSA Headquarters Appointed Committee Charges
Description: The Career Services Committee works with NIRSA Headquarters to plan and facilitate NIRSA’s Career Services Center (CSC). Open at each year’s Annual Conference, the CSC is a resource center which provides advice and opportunities to professional and student members looking to advance their careers. To ensure the success of the CSC, this committee reviews past evaluations and makes recommendations for improvements in the coming year. Committee members also serve as a volunteer staff for the center during the Annual Conference.
NIRSA’s mission, vision, and strategic values guide the “how” and “why” for our professional development offerings, networking opportunities, and resources, as well as all strategic priorities. NIRSA committees are expected to fulfill their charges, operate the committee, and make decisions and recommendations consistent with NIRSA’s values and in support of NIRSA’s mission, vision, and strategic priorities.
- Review evaluations from the 2018 CSC; recommend changes for the 2019 CSC based on feedback.
- Any changes to the current structure of the CSC that would have budgetary implications will be proposed to the NIRSA HQ committee member by June 30, 2018 so that budget proposals can be considered into the 2019 budget process.
- Attend the 2019 Annual Conference and commit to volunteering in the CSC for at least one shift.
- Assist in recruiting appropriate presenters for CSC education sessions, as well as CSC volunteers. Conduct training sessions for CSC volunteers at the start of each shift at the annual conference.
- Enhance and revise the CSC and student/professional development resources on the NIRSA website as needed, including how to use the CSC as candidates, employers, and institutions reserving presentation rooms.
- Develop a plan to increase candidate participation in mock interviews and resume reviews, and provide recommendations for similar programming that focuses on career enrichment opportunities at future CSCs.
Additional charges may be presented to the committee, or by the committee, during the year as new initiatives arise
Professional Involvement Credit Value (PIC): 0.3 (chair); 0.1 (member)