|Position||First Name||Last Name||Designation||Company||Email
|Chair||Stan||Shingles||Central Michigan University||
|Consultant||Mark||Ritter||University of South Carolina-Upstate||
|Member (2017-2019)||Mike||Waldron||Texas A & M University-College Station||
|Member||Steve||Erickson||Montana State University||
|Member||Jessica||Adkisson||University of Colorado Boulder||
|Member||Robert||Gough||College of William and Mary||
|Member||Andy||Milton||Saint Ambrose University||
|NIRSA Headquarters Member||Mary||Callendar||NIRSA Headquarters||
2017-2018 NIRSA Board Appointed Committee Charges
Description: Gather suggestions regarding potential Bylaws changes from the membership, Board of Directors, and committees; gather member feedback regarding possible Bylaws changes; submit recommended Bylaws changes as needed so they can be voted on by the membership.
Strategic Goal & Objective(s)
Goal IV, Objective 7: Ensure the governance and operating structure of NIRSA, the NIRSA Foundation, and the NIRSA Services Corporation are strong to support continued growth and expansion.
The committee is expected to work across the Association to complete these charges. Many committees may have some overlap with other committees and are encouraged to reach out to other groups to connect the work. Additional charges may be presented to the committee, or by the committee, during the year as new initiatives arise.
- Solicit Leadership Groups for input on recommended Bylaws changes by August 1;
- Solicit Board recommended Bylaws changes by mid-September;
- Work with NIRSA HQ to develop and implement a membership communication plan for proposed Bylaws changes; communications will occur in the fall to take advantage of in person opportunities at regional and state meetings, as well as national electronic communication vehicles;
- Review final draft amended Bylaws (late October), after legal review (mid-November), prior to final Board acceptance (late November) of draft amended Bylaws to be presented to NIRSA members for approval.
- Work with NIRSA HQ to develop and communicate final Bylaws amendments 30 days prior to elections. Elections occur last 2 weeks of January.