|Position||First Name||Last Name||Designation||Company||Email|
|Chair||Stan||Shingles||Central Michigan Universityfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Consultant||Jessica||Adkisson||University of Colorado Boulder||Jessica.L.Adkisson@colorado.edu|
|Member (2017-2019)||Robert||Gough||College of William and Maryemail@example.com|
|Member||Franklin||Harrison||Texas A & M University-Corpus Christifirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Member||Mark||Ritter||University of South Carolina-Upstateemail@example.com|
|Member||Stan||Campbell||University of Nebraskafirstname.lastname@example.org|
|NIRSA Headquarters Member||Mary||Callender||NIRSA HQemail@example.com|
2018-2019 NIRSA Board Appointed Committee Charges
Description: Gather suggestions regarding potential Bylaws changes from the membership, Board of Directors, and committees; draft proposed changes for legal review and rationale for member review; gather member feedback regarding proposed Bylaws changes; submit final proposed Bylaws changes to Board of Directors for approval and Member vote.
NIRSA’s mission, vision, and strategic values guide the “how” and “why” for our professional development offerings, networking opportunities, and resources, as well as all strategic priorities. NIRSA committees are expected to fulfill their charges, operate the committee, and make decisions and recommendations consistent with NIRSA’s values and in support of NIRSA’s mission, vision, and strategic priorities.
- Solicit leadership groups for input on recommended Bylaws changes by August 1;
- Solicit Board recommended Bylaws changes by mid-September;
- Work with NIRSA HQ to develop and implement a membership communication plan for proposed Bylaws changes; communications will occur in the fall to take advantage of in person opportunities at regional and state meetings, as well as national electronic communication vehicles;
- Review final draft amended Bylaws (late October), after legal review (mid-November), prior to final Board acceptance (late November) of draft amended Bylaws to be presented to NIRSA members for approval.
- Work with NIRSA HQ to develop and communicate final Bylaws amendments 30 days prior to elections. Elections occur last 2 weeks of January.
Additional charges may be presented to the committee, or by the committee, during the year as new initiatives arise
Professional Involvement Credit Value (PIC): 0.3 (chair); 0.1 (member)