Communication: Clearly and effectively articulate opinions and ideas as well as acclimate to the various audiences of the NIRSA Foundation. Willing to serve as a voice for the NIRSA Foundation to:
- Engage and educate donors on the purpose, functions, and initiatives of the NIRSA Foundation
- Solicit contributions from individuals and organizations who may or may not be NIRSA members
- Represent the NIRSA Foundation Board at various NIRSA functions and industry-related events, as appropriate
Critical Thinking: Actively and skillfully conceptualize, analyze, synthesize, and evaluate information to inform decision making.
Strategic Thinking: Think conceptually, imaginatively, systematically, and opportunistically in alignment with organization’s core purpose.
Leadership: Distinctively represent the NIRSA Foundation in a positive and diverse way. Holds a high reputation in that capacity as well as:
- Embraces the core purpose of the NIRSA Foundation
- Demonstrates an understanding of the NIRSA Foundation’s beneficiaries and a commitment to the communities the NIRSA Foundation serves
Knowledge: Understand or commit to learn foundation and development best practices and fiduciary responsibilities as a Board member.