Communication: Ability to clearly and effectively articulate opinions and ideas as well as acclimate to the various audiences of the NIRSA Foundation. Willing to serve as a voice for the NIRSA Foundation to:
- Engage and educate donors on the purpose, functions, and initiatives of the NIRSA Foundation.
- Solicit contributions from individuals and organizations who may or may not be NIRSA members.
- Represent the NIRSA Foundation Board at various NIRSA functions and industry-related events, as appropriate.
Critical Thinking: Ability to actively and skillfully conceptualize, analyze, synthesize, and evaluate information to inform decision making.
Strategic Thinking: Ability to think conceptually, imaginatively, systematically, and opportunistically in alignment with organization’s core purpose.
Leadership: Ability to distinctively represent the NIRSA Foundation in a positive and diverse way. Holds a high reputation in that capacity as well as:
- Embraces the core purpose of the NIRSA Foundation.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the NIRSA Foundation’s beneficiaries and a commitment to the communities the NIRSA Foundation serves.
Knowledge: Ability and commitment to learn, or already possesses a working knowledge of, foundation and development best practices. Understands fiduciary responsibilities as a Board member.