To be eligible for nomination, the individual should meet all of the following criteria:
- Hold current membership in NIRSA
- Have held continuous membership in NIRSA for five years preceding the nomination for award
- Have worked or resided in the region during the period of time for which the award is based
- Receive a nomination from a current member of the individual’s region.
- Be a member in good standing and exemplify standards of ethical behavior, consistent with the NIRSA Member Code of Ethics
It is recommended that the Regional Representative for each region not be nominated, strictly because he/she occupies that position and the award is to recognize other contributions made to the region or state.