Monitoring student athletes’ health and conducting safe CPR trainings during a pandemic are key considerations for effective reopening and return to play. NIRSA associate member the American Heart Association (AHA) invites the NIRSA family to its upcoming discussion on COVID-19 and athletics on Thursday, May 20 at 9:00am PST/12:00pm EST.
NIRSA members and nonmembers can attend this event free of charge. Building off a well-received Q&A held in AHA’s booth at the NIRSA 2021 Virtual Campus Rec & Wellness Expo, the webinar will highlight:
- AHA’s athletic registry for tracking and monitoring COVID and its long-term effects on athletes’ cardiac health
- Tactics for staying healthy and safe during the evolving pandemic
- Guidelines for CPR training and collaborations during COVID
- Comilla Sasson, American Heart Association’s VP of ECC Science & Innovation at American Heart Association
- Christine Rutan, American Heart Association’s VP of Real World Evidence & Health IT
- Jonathan Drezner, Director of University of Washington Medicine Center for Sports