Start the new year by taking full advantage of your individual or institutional NIRSA member benefits! If your New Year’s resolutions involve professional development for yourself, instructors, teams, and/or students, NIRSA Discounts & Rewards will help you meet your 2021 goals.
- The American Red Cross has been providing consistent COVID-19-related resources and certification extension information since the start of the pandemic. NIRSA Institutions receive 20% off certification courses and 10% off eligible products from The Red Cross Store. With these discounts, you can stock up on emergency preparedness kits and training supplies while ensuring your staff has adequate provisional certification in lifeguarding and first aid/CPR/AED.
- If you’re a member of NIRSA Canada, the Canadian Red Cross also has deals for you! Not only do you receive 20% off certification courses and 10% off in the eShop, you can also redeem wholesale pricing on PPE such as masks, hand sanitizer, and more when you register for a Canadian Red Cross account with an activation code. Check out the member-only Discounts & Rewards Flyer in Connectfor more information about accessing the discount.
- Need to travel during the pandemic? NIRSA members save 15% by booking lodging with Red Roof Inn! Learn about Red Roof Inn’s rigorous, enhanced cleaning protocols and get itinerary ideas for many outdoor activities at com.
- For discounts on certification and continuing education programs, look no further than the American Council on Exercise (ACE). ACE provides discounts exclusive to NIRSA, including 25% off personal training, group fitness instruction, and health coaching certifications as well as 30% off ACE specialist programs. You can also find ideas for how to take your personal training or group fitness experiences virtual on ACE’s COVID-19 website.
- Whether or not your sports clubs and intramural programs are currently active on our campus, don’t forget team insurance to ensure coverage isn’t lapsed when students return to the field or court. Relation Insurance offers cost-effective insurance plans to NIRSA institutions, paving the way for safe programs and wellbeing for student participants.
- Make sure you have the right equipment on your court! Get in the game with Spalding’s discounts on the official basketball of the NIRSA Championship Series National Basketball Tournament.
- It’s no secret that outdoor recreation has been on the rise because of the pandemic. Thanks to NIRSA’s partnership with the Association of Outdoor Recreation and Education (AORE), NIRSA members receive AORE member rates. Did you miss the AORE 2020 Virtual Annual Conference in October? Don’t worry: You can still benefit from AORE’s exceptional education around outdoor recreation programming by purchasing access to all presentations.
- NIRSA’s partnership with the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) provides great savings on continuing education, health and fitness certification, and other professional development. ACSM provides NIRSA members 20% off online certification exams, textbooks, and ebooks. ACSM has everything you need to get your department certified in personal training, group exercise, exercise physiology, and more.
- For more information, please contact NIRSA Expo & Corporate Relations Coordinator Kelley Hungerford.