Panelists from four universities joined representatives from InnoSoft on December 3 for an honest and insightful discussion about using management software to navigate the foggy waters of our time. Even if you missed the live roundtable, “Leveraging Flexible Technology to Support Everchanging COVID Requirements,” you can still access the recording for free whether or not you’re a NIRSA member!
The panel of campus rec professionals shared some of the challenges they faced related to reopening facilities of various size and type. Some of their recommendations included ensuring thorough testing of software features and limitations, being flexible and ready to adjust, and maintaining multi-channel communication with staff, students, and other rec center users. They also discussed positive student response to advanced booking capabilities, QR codes in facility signage, and FusionGo app push notifications.
InnoSoft representatives, who also come up through campus rec, noted a few of the adaptations made to their software to support their clients and meet the evolving needs of the campus rec community. These include facility occupancy information, reservations, and equipment check-out features.
The roundtable recording is accessible for 60 days in NIRSA Connect. Take a few minutes to register for the recorded content and join InnoSoft and your campus rec peers as they review how flexible software has been paramount in supporting smooth recreation operations.
- Kristi Levanduski, InnoSoft Canada, Manager of Education
- Stuart Irvine, InnoSoft Canada, Sales Executive / Recreation App Specialist
- Christine Panella, Interim Sr. Asst. Director, Member Engagement & Operations, Purdue University
- Dave Schofield, Assistant Director Guest Services and Strategic Planning, University of Colorado Boulder
- Melanie Alverio, Assistant Director of Marketing/Member Services & Business Operations, Rowan University
- Sandy Wilson, Assistant Director of Member Services, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- For more information about the Associate Showcase as part of NIRSA’s Ideas in Motion virtual roundtables, please contact NIRSA Expo & Corporate Relations Kelley Hungerford.