Add NIRSA Discounts & Rewards to your back-to-school checklist! Your individual and institutional NIRSA memberships grant you incredible deals for instructors, students, teams—and even just for you!
- Enhance your understanding of outdoor recreation at a discount with the Association of Outdoor Recreation and Education’s (AORE’s) Annual Conference, coming up October 26–30, 2020. NIRSA members receive AORE member rates at the virtual conference, which will feature more than 60 ed sessions, live networking, social opportunities, and more.
“Join from the comfort of wherever you are: No travel needed as we virtually gather ‘around the campfire’ together to make connections among colleagues, partners, industries, and the outdoors,” says Kate Poketa, CMP, AORE Director of Meetings and Technology. “Our education content continues the discussions and learnings around adapting recreation during a pandemic and being more diverse and inclusive in our community.”
- The Canadian Red Cross has a great new deal for NIRSA members! You’ll receive wholesale pricing on personal protective equipment from the Canadian Red Cross’s eShop, in addition to 20% discounts on certification courses and 10% discounts at the eShop. To redeem wholesale PPE pricing on masks, hand sanitizer, and more, NIRSA members must register for a Canadian Red Cross account with an activation code. Check out the member-only Discounts & Rewards Flyer in Connect for more information about accessing the new discount.
- Even if your sport clubs and intramurals programs aren’t starting up this fall, don’t forget team insurance to ensure coverage when students can return to the field or court! Relation Insurance offers affordable accident insurance programs for student participants at NIRSA institutions.
- If you’re traveling during the pandemic, consider booking your lodging at Red Roof Inn, where NIRSA members save 15%! Whether you’re traveling far or close to home, you’ll feel safe and cared for with Red Roof’s enhanced cleaning procedures and itinerary ideas.
“Red Roof® has launched RediClean, Red Roof’s rigorous enhanced cleaning protocols that address the new normal and give consumers the confidence they need to hit the road again by following all government guidelines and best practice policies to protect guests and employees,” explains Jim Greenhalge, Red Roof Director of National Group Sales. “Red Roof’s Redi To Road Trip™ summer program and microsite reditoroadtrip.com welcome back America with state-by-state road trip and activity itineraries and significant discounts at Red Roof properties. Redi to Road Trip addresses traveler needs focusing on close-to-home locations, enhanced cleanliness, value pricing, and proximity to outdoor activities in key areas.”
- The American Council on Exercise (ACE) provides certifications and continuing education programs at discounts exclusive to NIRSA—like 25% off personal training, group fitness instruction, and health coaching certifications as well as 30% off ACE specialist programs.
“ACE is committed to offering resources and discounts to NIRSA members during the COVID-19 pandemic,” says Keith Mann, ACE’s Content, Events & Social Media Manager. Whether you’re looking for continuing education or new certifications for staff, ACE helps, “build a culture of wellness and equip your staff with the latest cutting-edge, science-based training programs,” Keith explains.
He also encourages NIRSA members check out ACE’s COVID-19 page for information, tools, and resources “during this unpresented time of work and social disruption.”
- Get in the game with discounts on the official NIRSA basketball from Spalding! This signature series of basketballs is the official basketball of the NIRSA Championship Series National Basketball Tournament.
“At Spalding, we understand there is so much uncertainty with sports in the fall of 2020,” says Alyssa Guarnaccia, Marketing Assistant at Spalding. “If your season is starting now or not until the spring, most practices, pick-up games, and/or open gyms are still going on. Spalding wants to make sure you have the right equipment on your court.”
- Whether you hold student, professional, or institutional NIRSA membership, you can save on accredited certifications, programs, and materials through the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM). ACSM provides 20% off online certification exam and textbooks—and now, ebooks:
“To help make your career transition possible from home, ACSM is now offering the same industry-leading science and professional resources in a convenient and modern online format,” says Francis Neric, MS, MBA, National Director of Certification at ACSM. “New features include CPT online prep course, Ebooks, Facebook study group access, and the ability to take your certification test completely online via Pearson OnVUE.”
- NIRSA institutions enjoy 20% off certification courses from The American Red Cross and 10% off eligible products from The Red Cross Store. “The American Red Cross continues to evaluate the training offerings, particularly now that states are reopening and work restrictions are being lifted,” says Gwen McNamara, American Red Cross Training Services Northeast Aquatics Manager.
Looking for COVID-19 resources? The American Red Cross centralizes COVID-19-related information, courses, and certification extension information on this website. Gwen recommends two new courses to NIRSA members in particular: “Returning to Work During COVID-19: Safe Work Practices” and Psychological First Aid: Supporting Yourself and Others During COVID-19.
- For more information, please contact NIRSA Expo & Corporate Relations Coordinator Kelley Hungerford.