The live portion of NIRSA’s Summer of Learning, presented by Life Fitness has wrapped. Now, the full complement of 22 webinars is available for registrants to view or review on-demand. Registration is free to NIRSA members and recordings will remain accessible until November 30, so it’s not too late to access resources and ideas from more than 50 leading professionals with campus recreation industry expertise.
“It’s an important priority for recreation professionals to stay current with trends in the field while respecting the traditions we value each and every day,” say Summer of Learning presenters Gregory Corack, Associate Director for Leadership and Programs at East Carolina University and Jennifer Pidgeon, Assistant Director of Athletic Training at East Carolina University. The NIRSA Summer of Learning program is great way to stay current in the field while also staying connected to the values, traditions, and competencies that gives this profession such transformative potential.
Share your biggest breakthroughs or takeaways in the NIRSA Summer of Learning Present By Life Fitness community on Connect.
Summer of Learning lineup
The full lineup of Summer of Learning sessions includes:
- Beyond the Books: Why Outdoor Recreation Is an Essential Part of the Academic Experience
- Can You Design to Address Climate Change? You Bet!
- Creating a Culture of Integrated Wellbeing
- Creating Exerciser Experiences
- Cultivating an Intramural Sports Environment that Encourages Female Officials to Thrive
- Financial Wellbeing: An Interesting Discussion on Interest
- From ATC to Z: Building a Recreational Sports Athletic Training Program from Scratch
- Gen Z: Reshaping Higher Education and Its Impact on Collegiate Rec
- Get Your Head in the Game: Concussion Management in Club and Intramural Sports
- Living the Dream: Creating Meaningful Experiences in Outdoor Programming through Resonance and Flow
- Passage through the Leadership Labyrinth: A Women’s Journey in the Collegiate Recreation Profession
- Prioritizing Wellbeing: Engaging International Students in Campus Wellbeing Initiatives
- Project Management 101 for the Recreation Facility Manager
- Reopening Your Fitness Facility Successfully and Safely
- Smart and Safe Re-opening of Rec center, Athletic and Sports Facilities
- Stepping Towards a More Effective New Employee: Utilizing Online Learning in Training
- Technology Design Tools: How Innovative Technology Helps Design the Future of Recreation
- The Unified Sports School: An in-depth curriculum to bring Unified Sports to your campus
- Wellbeing that Works: Creating an Effective Model
- What’s Your Value? Small Programs Campus Rec: Using the Framework of Health and Wellbeing to Position Your Department on Campus
- Who Ya Callin’ a User?: The Impact of How You Define Participants in Campus Recreation
Earn Continuing Educational Units
Summer of Learning is a NIRSA CEU Provider. All programs included have CEU value and meet the requirements for fulfilling the professional development requirements to earn or maintain the Registered Collegiate Recreational Sports Professionals (RCRSP) designation. To renew their credential, RCRSP designation holders must earn 45 CEUs within three years. Learn more about the RCRSP credential.
About Life Fitness
Life Fitness has been an associate member of NIRSA since 1986 and is a Gold Partner of the Association. Life Fitness manufactures and sells strength and cardiovascular equipment under the brand names Life Fitness, Hammer Strength, Cybex, Indoor Cycling Group and SCIFIT. For more than 50 years, Life Fitness continues to be a global leader in commercial fitness equipment with a mission to inspire healthier lives. In an evolving industry, NIRSA Summer of Learning presents a shining opportunity for campus recreation professionals to learn new best practices, hone skills, and find inspiration from their peers.
- For more information, please contact NIRSA Assistant Director of Professional Development Brittany Rejda.