“An important priority for campus recreation professionals today is to understand and translate the broad spectrum of what we do and how it relates to students’ overall wellbeing,” says Andrea Snead, Assistant Director, Sport Clubs/Inclusive Recreation/Risk Management at the University of Central Florida.
Ashley Lax, Assistant Director of Sport Programs at the University of Wisconsin-Madison says: “It is imperative that we are able to provide services, programs, and resources for ALL students we interact with on campus. Often times our students of underrepresented populations are unintentionally excluded from our thoughts and plans. As campus rec professionals it is imperative that we lead the way in inclusion on campuses.”
Andrea and Ashley are both presenting during the NIRSA Summer of Learning, presented by Life Fitness. Featuring a diverse selection of educational programs, this series gives collegiate recreation professionals access to informative and inspiring content—and a chance to engage in conversations with colleagues—from wherever they are.
Thanks to Life Fitness who have helped us provide this program at no charge to NIRSA members! Professional non-members can access this content for $150 and student non-members for $70 to gain access to all these webinars.
Upcoming LIVE sessions
There are four live sessions scheduled over the coming two weeks. Registered Summer of Learning attendees can secure their spots for:
“Gen Z: Reshaping Higher Education and Its Impact on Collegiate Rec”
Wednesday, July 22, 1:00pm PT / 4:00pm ET
“The NIRSA Championship Series Academy”
Thursday, July 23, 11:00am PT / 2:00pm ET | Live event is limited to the first 75 registrants.
“Can You Design to Address Climate Change? You Bet!”
Monday, July 27, 1:00pm PT / 4:00pm ET
“Creating Exerciser Experiences”
Wednesday, July 29, 10:00am PT / 1:00pm ET
In addition, ten sessions are already available to registrants to watch on-demand, including:
- “Beyond the Books: Why Outdoor Recreation Is an Essential Part of the Academic Experience”
- “Financial Wellbeing: An Interesting Discussion on Interest”
- “From ATC to Z: Building a Recreational Sports Athletic Training Program from Scratch”
- “Prioritizing Wellbeing: Engaging International Students in Campus Wellbeing Initiatives”
- “Passage through the Leadership Labyrinth: A Women’s Journey in the Collegiate Recreation Profession”
- “Project Management 101 for the Recreation Facility Manager”
- “Reopening Your Fitness Facility Successfully and Safely”
- “Smart and Safe Re-opening of Rec center, Athletic and Sports Facilities”
- “Stepping Towards a More Effective New Employee: Utilizing Online Learning in Training”
- “The Unified Sports School: An in-depth curriculum to bring Unified Sports to your campus”
- “Who Ya Callin’ a User?: The Impact of How You Define Participants in Campus Recreation”
More sessions will continue to be added throughout the summer.
“Our students are struggling with a global pandemic, a massive financial crisis, and an important fight for racial equity. They need to know we love them. They need to know we support them. They need to know we are acting for them,” says Jacob Tingle, Director, Experiential Learning at Trinity University and co-facilitator of “The NIRSA Championship Series Academy.” Don’t miss your chance to learn from some of the the profession’s brightest minds.
Register for the NIRSA Summer of Learning, presented by Life Fitness today! Once registered, you will be provided with a link to access the entire program through Monday, November 30. Webinars will be added on an ongoing basis and registrants will be emailed as webinars become available throughout the summer.
Earn Continuing Educational Units
Summer of Learning is a NIRSA CEU provider. Learn more about the RCRSP credential.
About Life Fitness
Life Fitness has been an associate member of NIRSA since 1986 and is a Gold Partner of the Association. Life Fitness manufactures and sells strength and cardiovascular equipment under the brand names Life Fitness, Hammer Strength, Cybex, Indoor Cycling Group and SCIFIT. For more than 50 years, Life Fitness continues to be a global leader in commercial fitness equipment with a mission to inspire healthier lives.
- For more information, please contact NIRSA Assistant Director of Professional Development Brittany Rejda.