As we welcome a new decade, we also want to take this opportunity to welcome new and returning hosts to apply to be a NIRSA Soccer or Flag Football host for the 2020 season! The NIRSA Championship Series is looking to find amazing hosts for the upcoming season.
Hosting a NIRSA regional tournament is about providing our NIRSA members with volunteer opportunities and providing the players and coaches with a premier experience. Join the Series family and become a regional host—help us tell our story to the world!
Not sure about hosting? New to hosting? Well we have a great team made up of our sports work teams; Jon Janis from the University of Houston is our Soccer Work Team Chair and Jarrode Davis from The Ohio State University is our Flag Football Work Team Chair. Along with Jon and Jarrode, we have the exec team for support and guidance. Still not convinced that you’ll have the support you need to make a tournament a success? Take a look at these benefits:
- Bring positive attention to your campus and potentially attract future graduate students
- Opportunities for students to practice leadership skills
- A chance for your student officials to receive training and extra games as well as connect with other student officials in the area
- Networking that will prove valuable future career opportunities for all staff
- An economic boost to your community from the weekend event
- A chance to proudly show off your school
Applications for hosting either a soccer regional or a flag football regional are now open! Check out our newly revamped Host a Tournament webpage where you will find all our regional host applications and more info regarding all our regionals. The deadline for soccer host site applications is Friday, March 20 and the deadline for flag football applications is Friday, April 10.