Whistles a blowing, shoes a squeaking, and hands a clapping—who’s excited for the 2020 NIRSA Regional basketball tournaments to start? The NIRSA Championship Series can’t wait for the ten regional sites to tip off and crown this season’s champions!
For teams looking for some tough competition in a safe and inclusive environment, check out our ten regionals sites for the 2020 season:
- Western Michigan University: February 14–16
- University of Maryland: February 21–23
- University of Georgia: February 21–23
- Grand Canyon University: February 28–March 1
- University of Nebraska: February 28–March 1
- University of Florida: March 6–8
- The University of Texas at Arlington: March 6–8
- University of Colorado, Boulder: March 6–8
- Eastern Washing University: March 6–8
- University of Massachusetts, Amherst: March 13–15
Many of our regionals have men’s and women’s divisions, and many also have a Unified Division. Our Eastern Washington regional has a wheelchair division as well. We’ve tried our best to include as many players and athletes as we can in our regionals. We’ve even expanded our Unified Division at the National Basketball Championships from 12 teams to 24 teams! The NIRSA Championship Series is thrilled to have Unified teams involved in all our events.
If you have a team interested in going to any of the regionals, registration has not closed—but act fast since registration will be closing for many of the tournaments! Check out the regionals website for more information. Interested in Nationals? Registration is open and closes in March—sign your team up today!