NIRSA is excited to announce four additional associations have signed on to the Health and Wellbeing in Higher Education: A Commitment to Student Success, which is now in its fourth edition. Those associations are:
- ACCA – American College Counseling Association
- AUCCCO – Association for University and College Counseling Center Outreach
- CUPA-HR – College and University Professional Association for Human Resources
- NACAS – National Association of College Auxiliary Services
Since the document was first approved by the NIRSA and NASPA’s Boards of Directors in March 2018, it has been steadily gaining support and partnership, with updated editions also having been issued in September 2018 and May 2019.
As the Commitment has grown, so have the efforts to help drive forward its calls to action. Since March 2018, two joint research summits have been held, associations have presented at each other’s conferences, joint webinars have been planned, an interassociation definition of wellbeing has been drafted and reviewed, the first joint research grant between NIRSA, NASPA, and ACHA has been opened for proposals, and staff from the associations have been meeting regularly to increase interassocation communications and collaborations.
We’re excited to continue and further these efforts in 2020. There is still much to be done in the critical and dynamic work of wellbeing. We’re proud to be one of the 15 associations making a strategic commitment to the pursuit of innovating, supporting, and fostering a holistic, integrated, and strategic approach to wellbeing from the association level to the institutional level.
- For more information, contact NIRSA Director of Advocacy & Strategic Partnerships Erin O’Sullivan.