Do you know a NIRSA member who has gone above and beyond the call-of-duty in their volunteer service? An engaged and fantastic student deserving of some applause? Or of an imaginative marketing campaign or publication that left you inspired?
Good news—we have an award for that!
Deadlines are approaching for NIRSA awards. Visit the links below to learn more about each award’s selection criteria, eligibility, and application or nomination requirements—and submit your nominations today!
November 1 deadline
- NIRSA Honor Award – The highest honor awarded by our Association
- Creative Excellence Awards – Recognizing outstanding marketing and advertising materials published by the NIRSA membership
November 15 deadline
- The Sarah Fain Distinguished Service Award – Celebrating the dedication of a NIRSA Championship Series volunteer
- NIRSA Annual Service Awards – Acknowledging exceptional volunteer service in leadership and development of NIRSA programs, policies, events, special projects, or committees
- Regional Awards of Merit – Recognizing a professional from each NIRSA region who demonstrates remarkable performance or dedication on a state or provincial wide, or regional, basis
- Horace Moody Awards – Recognizing professional members who have made significant contributions to student development and success
- Outstanding Sports Facilities Awards – Recognizing excellence in newly-constructed, renovated, or expanded recreation facilities
- William N. Wasson Student Leadership and Academic Awards – Recognizing exceptional students actively involved with the department of recreational sports on university and college campuses
- USTA/NIRSA Tennis Ace Awards – Recognizing the outstanding accomplishments in tennis participation and promotion of the USTA Tennis On Campus Program
- NIRSA Research and Assessment Award – Recognizing a NIRSA member who has made extraordinary contributions toward advancing research and assessment initiatives on their campus and/or for NIRSA
- NIRSA Foundation Leadership Award – Recognizing an individual or group that has demonstrated phenomenal dedication to the NIRSA Foundation and its mission
If you’ve considered nominating a deserving NIRSA member for a NIRSA award, now is the time!
- For more information, please contact NIRSA Leadership Programs Coordinator Chelsea Hansson.