Have a successful program, initiative, or operation on your campus? Share your successes with fellow colleagues in a ten-minute Showcase Session at the 2020 NIRSA Annual Conference in Phoenix!
New for NIRSA 2020 is our Showcase Session format: ten-minute express sessions that allow presenters to highlight the successes of a specific program, initiative, or operation, and briefly explain the key steps needed to implement it.
Showcase Sessions will be grouped in sets of four around a similar topic so that attendees can hear four different, but related ideas back-to-back in a single hour.
Ten suggested topic areas are available for Showcase Session submissions:
- Campus Collaborations
- Programs for Underrepresented Populations
- Communicating the Impact of Campus Recreation
- Infusing Health & Wellness into Programs
- New Student Welcome Events
- Student Staff Training & Development
- Student Leadership Opportunities
- Innovations in Revenue Generation
- Trends in Facility Design & Renovation
- Equipment & Technology Trends
Don’t see a topic area for your proposal? The Program Committee is open to creating new topic areas if at least four proposals can be submitted for the topic. Email the NIRSA Professional Development Department to inquire about creating new topics.
Ten minutes to propose, ten minutes to present
The presentations are short and so is the proposal form. Just add your presenter information, your session title, and answer three questions about the session. So when time is tight this month, remember that you only need ten minutes to submit your Showcase Session proposal.
Visit the NIRSA 2020 Presenters Resources page for helpful tips and the link to the proposal system. The deadline for Showcase Session proposals is Monday, September 9.
The Program Committee is also currently accepting proposals for Research Sessions, Poster Presentations, Fitness Forum sessions, and Career Building sessions. Visit NIRSA 2020 to learn more.
- For more information, please contact NIRSA Director of Professional Development Kristen Gleason.