Every year, the Association seeks to honor and highlight members who have made an impact by recognizing their outstanding service and achievements. NIRSA Awards are presented annually at the NIRSA Annual Conference & Campus Rec and Wellness Expo. This allows as many members of the NIRSA family as possible to celebrate and acknowledge our deserving recipients. NIRSA members are encouraged to nominate their outstanding colleagues and stellar programs for consideration as an award recipient. We also encourage our members to apply to have their facility or marketing endeavors recognized.
The list of deadlines for nominations is below. Dates have been selected to allow the various awards committees time to carefully consider applications and prepare awards before NIRSA 2020. Follow the links to each awards page to learn more about selection criteria, eligibility, and application or nomination requirements:
- NIRSA Honor Award, November 1
- Outstanding Sports Facilities Awards, November 1
- Creative Excellence Awards, November 1
- The Sarah Fain Distinguished Service Award, November 15
- NIRSA Annual Service Awards, November 15
- Regional Awards of Merit, November 15
- Horace Moody Awards, November 15
- William N. Wasson Student Leadership and Academic Awards, November 15
- USTA/NIRSA Tennis Ace Awards, November 15
- NIRSA Research and Assessment Award, November 15
- NIRSA Foundation Leadership Award, November 15
- The Herman Williams Founders Outstanding Service Award, December 1
Applications and nomination materials are currently open and available. Please consider nominating a deserving NIRSA member or applying for a NIRSA Award!
- For more information, please contact NIRSA Leadership Programs Coordinator Chelsea Hansson.