Good news! You now have more time to put together and submit a presentation proposal for the 2019 NIRSA Triventure, presented by Mondo, which is taking place from November 6–8 in San Diego, California. The new deadline is Wednesday, June 19.
Since more and more young professionals are attending the Triventure, we need experienced and seasoned sport club professionals to submit education proposals. Please help your younger NIRSA colleagues by sharing your know-how at the 2019 NIRSA Triventure, presented by Mondo!
There are multiple ways to present! You can choose to submit a general educational session proposal, roundtable, or a lighting session. So don’t delay in submitting a proposal—the June 19 deadline will be here before you know it!
The NIRSA Triventure theme is “Facing the Future Together.” This theme highlights the importance of collaboration, especially as recreation professionals tackle the often unforeseen challenges the future brings. Some of the hot topics to consider are:
- Emergency action plans
- Adaptive programming and equipment
- Reaching underrepresented groups
- Integrated wellness
- Non-traditional programming
- Capital improvement projects
- Whatever is a hot topic for you!
Now that you know the goals of the program committee when it comes to educational session programming, here’s additional information worth considering:
- $100 presenter coupons, professional and student members who are selected as lead presenters at the NIRSA Triventure will receive a $100 voucher good towards registration fees at this event or a future NIRSA institute or Annual Conference within one year.
- Professional Involvement Credits (PICs), NIRSA presenters qualify for PICs, which can be applied toward renewal in NIRSA’s Professional Registry.
- Effective Presentation Proposal Guide, click here to view components of effective proposals and to see the evaluation criteria used by program reviewers.
- Additional Guidelines & Resources, click here to view more!
- For more information, please contact NIRSA Professional Development Coordinator Nick Zumbrun.