Now’s your chance to share your knowledge and experience with your professional peers! The 2019 NIRSA Triventure, presented by Mondo will take place from November 6–8 in San Diego, California. It is NIRSA’s second largest educational event and will feature four different learning tracks: aquatics, fitness, recreational facilities, and wellness and wellbeing. Attendees will be able to attend any educational session offered at this event regardless of focus area. We now invite you to submit a presentation proposal for any one of the focus areas—the deadline to submit a proposal is Wednesday, May 29.
The theme for this institute is “Facing the Future Together.” This theme highlights the importance of collaboration in the face of adversity. While the Triventure Committee narrowed down the topics for this year’s institute, they also tried to keep the topic areas broad enough to allow submitters to share new and different ideas. Submitters are encouraged to not only submit proposals about great program successes but also lessons learned and creative ways to combat challenges.
This year, the committee has decided to align the topic areas with NIRSA’s core competencies. Submitters are encouraged to be intentional with their target audience and they will have the ability to designate which, up to two, educational tracks—aquatics, fitness, facilities, wellness and wellbeing—their presentation covers.
Submitters can come up with their own hot topics, but here’s a list to consider:
- Emergency action plans
- Adaptive programming and equipment
- Reaching underrepresented groups
- Integrated wellness
- Non-traditional programming
- Capital improvement projects
Now that you know the goals of the program committees when it comes educational session programming, here is additional information worth considering:
- $100 presenter coupons, professional and student members who are selected as lead presenters at the NIRSA Triventure will receive a $100 voucher good towards registration fees at this event or a future NIRSA institute or annual conference within one year.
- Professional Involvement Credits (PICs), NIRSA presenters qualify for PICs, which can be applied toward renewal in NIRSA’s Professional Registry.
- Effective Presentation Proposal Guide, click here to view components of effective proposals and to see the evaluation criteria used by program reviewers.
- Additional Guidelines & Resources, click here to view more!
May 29 is right around the corner so don’t delay—submit your presentation proposal today!
- For more information, please contact NIRSA Assistant Director for Professional Development Brittany Rejda.