Good news! You now have more time to put together and submit a presentation proposal for the 2019 NIRSA Collegiate Sport Club Institute, which is taking place from June 19–21 in Anaheim, California. The new deadline is Wednesday, March 13.
Since more and more young professionals are attending the Sport Club Institute, we need experienced and seasoned sport club professionals to submit education proposals. Please help your younger NIRSA colleagues by sharing your know-how at the 2019 NIRSA Collegiate Sport Club Institute!
Kristen Drapp LaFleur, Assistant Director, Adventure Recreation, Club Sports, & Risk Mgmt. at the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, explains that “presenting at the Sport Club Institute is a great opportunity to share your love for clubs with fellow administrators, realizing you all have the same passion and desire to help improve these organizations.” Presenting is a perfect way to give back to the profession you love!
Additionally, the committee has decided to open up proposals for Lightning Talk Sessions! If you would like to present but don’t feel you have enough material for an hour session, Lightning Talks are for you! At only ten-minutes long per presenter, these sessions make it easier for some presenters, especially for those that haven’t presented before. Attendees love these sessions since they are able to hear about several different topics in an hour time block. It’s a win-win! So don’t delay in submitting a proposal—the March 13 deadline will be here before you know it!
The NIRSA Collegiate Sport Club Institute theme is “Supporting Student Athletes Through Foundational Skills” and is focusing on the following topic areas:
- Recruitment & Retention
- Student Leadership & Development
- Assessment & Technology
- Financial Management
- Safety & Wellness
Now that you know the goals of the program committee when it comes educational session programming, here is additional information worth considering:
- $100 presenter coupons, professional and student members who are selected as lead presenters at the NIRSA Sport Club Institute will receive a $100 voucher good towards registration fees at this event or a future NIRSA institute or annual conference within one year.
- Professional Involvement Credits (PICs), NIRSA presenters qualify for PICs, which can be applied toward renewal in NIRSA’s Professional Registry.
- Effective Presentation Proposal Guide, click here to view components of effective proposals and to see the evaluation criteria used by program reviewers.
- Additional Guidelines & Resources, click here to view more!
- For more information, please contact NIRSA Professional Development Coordinator Nick Zumbrun.