The deadline to submit a poster presentation proposal for the NIRSA Annual Conference & Campus Recreation and Wellness Expo is now September 21. Don’t miss your chance to provide new and trending information to NIRSA members and campus recreation colleagues from across North America and beyond.
The 2019 NIRSA Annual Conference Program Committee is especially encouraging proposals that:
- Enable members to develop skills and strategies for creating an integrated approach to health & wellbeing
- Empower members to effectively tell the story of campus recreation to their own stakeholders on campus and beyond
- Present strategies and practices to help members incorporate the Association’s value of equity, diversity, and inclusion into members’ professional practice, programs, facilities, and services
- Prepare mid-level professionals to serve in leadership roles as departmental directors or AVPs
About the poster presentation format
A poster presentation showcases research and/or an institutional program. Effective posters operate on multiple levels: they may be a source of information, a conversation starter, an advertisement of the presenter’s work, or a summary of the presenter’s work.
Unlike typical educational sessions, the poster presentation format allows viewers to study information independently and dedicated time to discuss it personally with presenters. By combining text and graphics, the poster presentation format offers a rich medium for attendees to access a sleek overview of a topic with an opportunity to learn more.
- If you have questions about presenting at NIRSA 2019, please contact NIRSA Professional Development Coordinator John Raskauskas.