Every year, the Association seeks to honor and highlight members who have made an impact by recognizing their outstanding service and achievements. NIRSA awards are presented annually at the NIRSA Annual Conference & Campus Rec and Wellness Expo. This allows as many members of the NIRSA family as possible to celebrate and acknowledge our deserving recipients. Please consider nominating a deserving NIRSA member for a NIRSA award! Applications and nomination materials are currently open and available!
- NIRSA Honor Award, November 1
- Outstanding Sports Facilities Awards, November 1
- Creative Excellence Awards, November 1
- The Sarah Fain Distinguished Service Award, November 15
- NIRSA Annual Service Awards, November 15
- Regional Awards of Merit, November 15
- Horace Moody Awards, November 15
- William N. Wasson Student Leadership and Academic Awards, November 15
- USTA/NIRSA Tennis Ace Awards, November 15
- NIRSA Research and Assessment Award, November 15
- NIRSA Foundation Leadership Award, November 15
- The Herman Williams Founders Outstanding Service Award, December 1
These awards have a November 1 deadline
NIRSA Honor Award
The NIRSA Honor Award is the highest distinction bestowed by our association. It recognizes and celebrates a member for a lifetime of outstanding achievements in our profession and for exemplary service to the Association. Please consider nominating a deserving colleague for the Honor Award by November 1.
Outstanding Sports Facilities Award
Has your campus recently completed a new facility? Or has your facility recently undergone significant renovations? Consider applying for an Outstanding Sports Facilities Award! Applications are due by November 1.
Creative Excellence Awards
Does your department create fun and effective promotional materials? Collegiate recreation students and professionals are among the most innovative marketers of events and programs on college and university campuses. Don’t miss this opportunity to show off your work! Apply for a Creative Excellence Award by November 1.
A complete list of awards, selection criteria, application or nomination requirements, and deadlines can be found on the NIRSA website.
- For more information, please contact NIRSA Leadership Programs Coordinator Lani Beavers.