The NIRSA Salary Census has been the go-to salary benchmarking resource for professionals in the recreation field for 30 years. In December of 2017, the census was launched on an online platform, which served to simultaneously collect data and report results. To date, nearly 700 individuals have contributed their data in support of this resource. As with any technological transition, questions often arise that hinder participation. As our data collection efforts continue, the Research & Assessment Committee would like to note a few key points about this online resource:
- Anyone in the recreation profession can participate. Participating doesn’t require a current membership, but it does require a NIRSA profile. (click here to create a profile).
- Individuals may submit their own data, but department directors can still submit their staff’s data using an excel spreadsheet available within the platform. Spreadsheets should be sent to NIRSA Research.
- Results are only available within the platform to members who complete all required question items. Be sure to select the appropriate filters before reviewing your results.
- Access to filters are strictly a benefit of institutional membership.
Answers to these frequently asked questions and more are available on the NIRSA Salary Benchmarking webpage. If you have yet to participate in the NIRSA Salary Census, please consider doing so today. Contributing your data is only a simple click away!
NIRSA’s benchmarking resources, including the Institutional Data Set and Salary Census are made available to members through the generous support of donors to the NIRSA Foundation. To learn more about the NIRSA Foundation’s support of member resources including the Salary Census, please contact NIRSA Foundation Coordinator Kelley Hungerford.
- For more information on the NIRSA Salary Census, please contact NIRSA Research Coordinator Ruben Guzman.