The Conference Program Committee is excited to announce that you can now submit presentation proposals for the 2019 NIRSA Annual Conference & Campus Rec and Wellness Expo! NIRSA 2019—themed “Join the Health & Wellbeing Revolution!”—will take place February 16–19 in Boston, Massachusetts at the Hynes Convention Center. The 2019 Annual Conference theme strongly aligns with NIRSA’s core competencies and strategic values, which will provide both attendees and presenters with a transformative educational experience.
In addition to the conference theme, the program committee is encouraging sessions that address topics including:
- Enable members to develop skills and strategies for creating an integrated approach to health & wellbeing
- Empower members to effectively tell the story of collegiate recreation and health & wellbeing to their leadership, partners, and stakeholders
- Encourage incorporations of the Association’s value of equity, diversity, and inclusion into their professional practice, programs, facilities, and services
- Prepare mid-level professionals to serve in leadership roles as departmental directors and/or AVP’s
Conference session types include 60-minute and 90-minute educational sessions, preconference workshops, and micro-sessions as well as roundtable discussions and poster presentations.
Have you presented before or attended a presentation at another conference, workshop, or lead-on that you think would have a meaningful impact on your NIRSA colleagues? Consider submitting your presentation or reaching out to a presenter you know and encouraging them to apply. Remember that a personal invitation or word of encouragement from a trusted peer and/or colleague can have a huge impact on someone’s decision to submit a presentation proposal.
All submission deadlines and presenter resources may be found on the NIRSA 2019 website. Act now before it’s too late—submit your presentation proposal or reach out to a colleague or peer today! Be a part of shaping the 2019 NIRSA Annual Conference!
- For more information, please contact NIRSA Director of Professional Development Kristen Gleason.