NIRSA Championship Series regional basketball is pleased to announce twelve outstanding sites for the 2018 season! The excitement begins February 9-11 with the first regional championships and will continue until March 23-25 when the last tournaments will take place. The winners of these tournaments will head to Columbus where The Ohio State University is hosting the NIRSA National Basketball Championships for the third year in a row. The 2017 NIRSA National Basketball Championships will take place at OSU from April 20–22.
NIRSA Championship Series Basketball has established a name for itself as a fantastic platform for competition and play. With a wonderful group of regional hosts, we expect nothing less than another year full of tournaments that are both fun and competitive! The NIRSA Championship Series Basketball Work Team has been working hard to guarantee the season runs smoothly for all involved.
The following regional sites were chosen. They will present participation and development opportunities for a large number of players, officials, and staff:
- February 9-11, University of Dayton
- February 16-18, University of Maryland
- February 23-25, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- February 23-25, California State University, Sacramento
- February 23-25, Georgia Southern University
- March 9-11, University of Massachusetts Amherst
- March 9-11, Eastern Washington University
- March 16-18, East Carolina University
- March 16-18, Middle Tennessee State University
- March 23-25, University of Florida
- March 23-25, Texas A & M University
- March 23-25, University of Nebraska
Basketball Work Team Chair and Director of Campus Recreation at Loyola University Chicago Megan Morris says, “The Basketball Work Team had the privilege and honor of selecting this year’s outstanding basketball regional host sites. We are very appreciative of all the applicants who provided us with great options that made the decision-making challenging. It is very exciting to see that so many schools and NIRSA members are invested in providing high-quality programming, competition, and student development opportunities for players, officials, and staff.”
If you would like the opportunity to be a staff member at one of these regional tournaments, applications for both student and professional members will be available October 16. Learn all about volunteering with the NIRSA Championship Series on the NIRSA website!
- For more information, please contact NIRSA National Sports Programs Coordinator Keeley Naughton.