By Brittany Rejda
The 2016 NIRSA Recreation Facilities Institute presented by Mondo is coming to Tempe, Arizona from October 19–21. This highly-dynamic event takes a multifaceted approach to learning, combining broad scope educational sessions with in-depth facility tours, numerous networking opportunities, and even an expo. This is an event you won’t want to miss!
This year’s institute theme is “Building Sustainable Communities.” The theme is meant to highlight environmental and economic sustainability values as they are highlighted throughout our facilities. In addition to the four topic areas selected for this event, this year’s Program Committee has identified a few “hot topics” that they would like to see in the 2016 program:
- Campus safety (e.g. guns on campus, active shooter, emergency action plans etc.)
- Locker rooms (e.g. gender neutral bathrooms, rentals, locks etc.)
- Housekeeping (e.g. schedules, full-time vs. students, staffing levels on weekends etc.)
- Adaptive recreation (e.g. technology, building/renovations, equipment, programming etc.)
- Scheduling software (e.g. what is it?, technology, pros vs. cons etc.)
Not only will you gain professional development by presenting, but student and professional lead presenters will also receive a $100 voucher good towards registration fees at this event or for a future NIRSA institute or Annual Conference taking place within one year. All presenters also qualify for Professional Involvement Credits (PICs), which can be applied toward renewal in NIRSA’s Registry of Collegiate Recreational Sport Professionals.
Get your presentation in order—the deadline to submit a proposal is Wednesday, June 15. Don’t miss your chance to add to the conversation—submit one today!