Demystifying NIRSA’s Leadership Opportunities
- 0.1 NIRSA CEUs
- Tuesday, March 6, 8:00am-9:30am
- Room 403
- Kenneth Morton, CRSS, Stephen F Austin State University; Jessica Gentry, University of Illinois At Urbana- Champaign; Leah Hall Dorothy, CRSS,PhD, Oregon State University
- New Professional, Mid-Level (Manager), Executive, Student
Are you thinking about serving on a NIRSA Board one day? Are you wondering what volunteer experience will expand your strategic thinking, negotiation and compromise skills? Join current NIRSA Board members to learn more about serving on the Board of Directors for NIRSA, NIRSA Services Corporation and the NIRSA Foundation. Serving on one of NIRSA’s three Boards is a unique professional development experience that not only provides a volunteer service opportunity at the highest level, but significant professional development and networking opportunities to those who serve. A review of the competencies needed to serve in these roles, opportunities to develop those competencies, and steps for applying for positions will be covered. Time will be held for attendee questions. Whether you’re thinking about serving on a NIRSA related Board soon, or in a few years, attend this session to learn more about the opportunities for professional growth and service to NIRSA.
- Gain a better understanding of the process for applying for some of NIRSA’s key leadership positions.
- Learn about the challenges and rewards of service in a variety of NIRSA leadership positions.