Changing Demographics: Meeting the Needs of Underrepresented Students Now and in the Future
- 0.1 NIRSA CEUs
- Monday, March 5, 1:00pm-2:00pm
- Room 301
- Alex Accetta, EdD, Portland State University; Jesse Hoek, The University of West Florida; Thomas Kirch, Oregon State University; Kimberly Rottet, University of Texas Rio Grande Valley; JT Timmons, RCRSP, University of Iowa
- New Professional, Mid-Level (Manager), Executive
The Assembly is organizing a panel to represent 4-5 different underrepresented student perspectives and the barriers they face on campus. These panelists will also speak about a campus rec programming aspect that helps address these barriers.
- As a result of attending this session, participants will gain a better understanding of underrepresented student groups in higher education.
- As a result of attending this session, participants will learn about unique programs that have been proven successful at other institutions.
- As a result of attending this session, participants will find new ways to engage underrepresented students at their institution.