Beyond the Policy Manual: Educating and Training Your Professional and Student Staff on Compliance
- 0.1 NIRSA CEUs
- Wednesday, March 7, 8:30am-9:30am
- Room 403
- Thomas Otterbine, RCRSP, Virginia Commonwealth University; Ilana Obuchowski, Tulane University of Louisiana
- New Professional, Mid-Level (Manager), Executive
Title IX, The Clery Act, Mandated Reporter, Green Dot: terms somewhat foreign to many of us just a decade ago have become staples in the training and on-boarding of our staff. Learn how to take your required university training programs a step further and educate your professional and student staff members on not just how to report incidents but how to help prevent them within our recreational facilities and programs.
- Understand the many forms of compliance that your professional and student staff members are held to at your institution.
- Learn how to customize and/or enhance training programs for your campus recreation staff that help them to better recognize and handle issues that may be prevalent within your programs and facilities.
- Develop key strategies that allow your student staff to take action when faced with potential Title IX and Clery Act violations.