Career GPS: Navigating Your Career Progression Plan to Find Your Next Step in Campus Rec
- 0.1 NIRSA CEUs
- Monday, March 5, 9:15am-10:15am
- Room 501
- Robert Simels, RCRSP, The College of New Jersey; Alecia Stegenga, University of Illinois at Chicago
- New Professional, Mid-Level (Manager), Student
If you are looking for your first professional position or are thinking about what the next step in your career is, understanding what you really want can be daunting and stressful. In this presentation attendees will learn about the importance of a career progression plan and how it can help them determine the next step of their career by examining specific factors such as program size, balancing career, and personal goals.
- Identify the priorities to consider in choosing a new position using a career progression plan.
- Define experiences, skills, and practices that can be gained while working at large and small programs.
- List three ways to prepare for transitioning between programs of different sizes.