Gender, ADA, and Beyond: A Practical Guide to Creating an Inclusive Locker Room
- 0.1 NIRSA CEUs
- Monday, March 5, 9:15am-10:15am
- Room 705
John Lloyd, Kirkland Parks and Community Services; Brigitte Lossing, University of California, Berkeley; Johan Steiner, University of California, Berkeley
- Mid-Level (Manager), Executive, Student
Student wellness is a priority for campuses across the country. Students are at their best academically and socially when they have access to safe and inclusive spaces. Providing an inclusive locker room addresses access disparities and supports the campus goal of eliminating barriers to student wellness. Learn how the University of Arizona and UC Berkeley established inclusive locker rooms and how best to develop an inclusive locker room on your campus.
- Identify at least three design features required to establish an inclusive locker room.
- Discuss two options to locate and build an inclusive locker room.
- Evaluate funding options to study, construct, and operate an inclusive locker room.