Campus Recreation’s Role in an Urban Market: How to Compete, Gain, and Retain a Market Share through Programming
- 0.1 NIRSA CEUs; 1.0 AFAA CEUs; 0.1 ACE CEUs; 1.0 ACSM CECs; 1.0 NASM CEUs
- Monday, March 5, 10:30am-11:30am
- Room 407
- Stephanie Punda, CENTERS, LLC @ DePaul; Nicole Garton, CENTERS, LLC At DePaul University; Secily Shambaugh Adams, CENTERS, LLC At University of Missouri-St Louis
- New Professional, Mid-Level (Manager), Executive
Budgets are getting tighter and many campus recreation departments are looking to offset student expenses through revenue-generating programs, community memberships, and rentals. Learn what competitive advantage you have and how to leverage it to compete in the urban fitness market.
- Identify strategies to gain competitive advantages in an urban market.
- Learn how to integrate new ideas into existing programs and facility spaces to maximize revenue.
- Identify various ways to engage and retain different membership groups through programming.