Friend-Raising and Fundraising: Engaging Alumni and Participants
- 0.1 NIRSA CEUs
- Monday, March 5, 1:00pm-2:00pm
- Room 303
- Catherine Cramp, CRSS, University of Florida; April Lovett, Florida State University; Jennifer Speer, The University of Texas at Austin
- New Professional, Mid-Level (Manager), Executive
Are your participants friends of collegiate recreation? Are your alumni or graduating student staff friends of collegiate recreation? As professionals in our field and within higher education, we have the opportunity to create a culture of engagement: an environment where we are committed to relationships beyond our students’ years at our institutions and program areas. Building and maintaining relationships with our collegiate recreation alumni is the back bone to fundraising and friend-raising.
- Identify our role in the scope of fundraising and friend-raising for collegiate recreation.
- Generate at least two call-to-action items for your collegiate recreation department.
- Learn two techniques in telling our story/stories.