Understanding Ourselves and Others: Multicultural Capacity Training for Fulltime and Student Staff
- 0.1 NIRSA CEUs
- Wednesday, March 7, 9:45am-10:45am
- Room 705
- Mary Kathryn Crawford, University of Maryland-College Park; Amanda Even, University of Maryland-College Park; Kurt Klier, CRSS,RCRSP, University of Maryland-College Park
- Mid-Level (Manager), Executive
Does your unit need to improve their collective multicultural capacity? Have you been tasked with developing multicultural capacity training for your staff? Learn with the staff at the University of Maryland as they describe the process of designing, implementing, and evaluating multicultural capacity development for their professional staff. A step-by-step explanation will be provided along with ideas for implementing the framework within your department or program area.
- Articulate the importance of incorporating a multicultural capacity training into staff development.
- Explain how the multicultural capacity framework may be applied at the departmental or program level for staff training.
- Identity three key steps to beginning the process of implementing a multicultural capacity training for full-time staff.