Exercise is Medicine® on Campus: An Opportunity for Cross-Campus Collaboration, Research, and Enhanced Student Learning and Growth
- 0.1 NIRSA CEUs; 1.0 AFAA CEUs; 0.1 ACE CEUs; 1.0 ACSM CECs; 0.1 NASM CEUs
- Wednesday, March 7, 8:30am-9:30am
- Room 401
- Cayla McAvoy, Florida Gulf Coast University
- New Professional, Mid-Level (Manager)
ACSM’s Exercise is Medicine® on Campus is a global health initiative with the goal of uniting healthcare professionals from Student Health Services with campus health and fitness professionals. The initiative leverages the power of the campus community to create a culture of wellness focusing on the prevention of chronic disease. Learn about the significant outcomes in the areas of collaboration, research, and enhanced student learning using EIM-OC at FGCU as an example.
- Highlight the breadth of the EIM-OC Solution and how it can further the goals of campus recreation centers.
- Provide outcomes and resources for start up funding, research, and student learning using EIM-OC.
- Provide concrete action steps that can be used to create cross-campus collaborations on campuses small and large using the EIM-OC Solution.